Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: import difficulties

Tread carefully in the suck... ishoot10s's Avatar
    WTF?? Cant even get my scope back after shipping by the looks..
    Try You shop overseas, we ship2u they provide a US based shipping address and re-ship to NZ for about $20.
    10MRT shooters do it 60 times, in two directions and at two speeds.

Thankyou ishoot10s Brilliant!

Quote Originally Posted by Nasty Factory Trigger View Post
    Not quite an answer to your question, but getting hard just the same...

i quote from email I received from Leupold....

Jamie,

The price to have this installed is $150.00 and the custom reticle is $69.99. We will not be able to ship out of the states.

Regards,

---- Original Message ----

Hi there, I was looking at pricing on having turrets and maybe a BDC recticle (.308 @ 150grn) on my VXIII 4.5-14 x40 fitted, however, i see a footnote saying there is a governmental restriction of shipping scopes internationally?

WTF?? Cant even get my scope back after shipping by the looks..
    Is this to send a scope from NZ for mods? Or is it a new scope in the States hoping to come via Leupold after moding?

This was for mods to my scope, sending back to me...

Quote Originally Posted by Nasty Factory Trigger View Post
    This was for mods to my scope, sending back to me...
    Just over a month ago I had a scope there and back for turrets change - no problems with authorities coming out or any reluctance from Leupold to oblige. Turnaround was around 2 weeks. The only thing was they didn't engrave the windage barrel as per my specs but they followed up super quick with a replacement. Cost was around the numbers you have posted.

What model scope , as they maybe stopping the models made for mil/leo etc only ?

Quote Originally Posted by ishoot10s View Post
    Try You shop overseas, we ship2u they provide a US based shipping address and re-ship to NZ for about $20.
    Read Brownells International shipping doco be for trying that.
    Real guns start with the number 3 or bigger and make two holes, one in and one out

Baz
    Quote Originally Posted by Looseunit View Post
    Section 2 Interpretation , of the Arms Act , states that in the case of an A Cat firearm part only the action requires a permit ,

part—

(a) in relation to a pistol, restricted weapon, or military style semi-automatic firearm, includes any thing, such as a butt, stock, magazine, silencer, or sight, which, while not essential for the discharge by a pistol, restricted weapon, or military style semi-automatic firearm of any shot, bullet, missile, or other projectile, is designed or intended to be an integral part of a pistol, restricted weapon, or military style semi-automatic firearm; and

(b) in relation to any other firearm, means the action for that firearm
    Makes sense, so my XLR chassis on its way (us export permit approved etc) should be good with no permit (no import permit applied for as per advised by the AO not required). tho I have been advised it will most likely be stopped because no-one will know wtf it is for, looks MSSA etc.

Plan to have it released to AO's office and prove it is for A-cat action only in front of him.

go into AO and ask for a permit for a lower, or other item that requires import permit, as well as an upper and all your other parts, get AO to put all items on the permit, then just dont order the lower.
    just because it is on your import permit, doesnt mean it has to be ordered.

The easiest way around this problem is to take an S43A form in to a local police station and get it signed and stamped by one of the civilian workers. They will usually sign anything, especially if you flirt with them, which they really appreciate. I've used this before when foreigners insist on having something official in writing but when it's not required here, eg ammo and A-cat parts.

Steve