Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree90Likes

Thread: Importing a .338 or 50cal

Quote Originally Posted by 7mm Rem Mag View Post
    I don't see anyone talking crap here 308, you just need to chill out. I see a guy giving you guys a bit of advice from an experience he had. If you are going to shoot people down for giving their point of view then no one will bother offering you any advice in future.
    Really dude? Your reading comprehension is really crap if you didn't pick up what the issue was. Set your clock back 300 years - you may feel more at home.

I shot him down for being a fuckwad by saying that a woman has half the brain of a man

Are you saying that shit too?

If he had said something about firearms, reloading, hunting or ideal bullet placement I would have been interested to hear him - what he said was that women are idiots

I don't bother getting offended, I just think he's a total spankcarrot

If you can accept that women are human then you may consider that they have something worthwhile to say and even that the diversity that other people (ie not just Bubbas and rednecks) bring to the discussion can be valuable because other people see things we don't - they literally help us to see the same thing with new eyes

I believe this is a hunting forum sunshine, so if you wanna hunt you had best consider all of the things that you cannot directly see or else you will just be a crap hunter who blasts lead in no particular direction without much success

The thing about having a blind spot is that you don't know how big it is..
    mikee likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 308 View Post

I don't bother getting offended, I just think he's a total spankcarrot

"Word of the day" right there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Savage1, Maca49 and Beaker like this.
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Quote Originally Posted by clickbang View Post
    Have just had this show up in my inbox after some correspondence with arms officer.

Although your firearm* is bolt action *and generally covered in the generic family of bolt action* Accuracy International firearms on the approved list , there are special conditions of import required for a firearm of this calibre.

This import application can only be approved by Police National Headquarters in Wellington *as they have ordered that all .338 - .50 Cal range firearms are only approved by them.

You require a special reason for import,* and to nominate the club you are a member of , proof that you are a financial member* and a regular attendee, and a copy of the range certificate from the club to prove their range is certified for that calibre.

This you can discuss in more detail with your Arms Officer when you are back in NZ and applying for the import application.*

So these are the steps before you.

Regards

My advice - for what it's worth.

Tell the arms officer that you're not a member of any club, nor do you intend to become a member of any club, and you would like the firearm for hunting.

Then wait and see if they refuse you an import permit. Nick Taylor doesn't charge a hell of a lot (~$1000 to write a letter to the police) and he's very easy to deal with.

I'm also curious as to why you redacted the name on the email? Why not just leave it on there, so we know who's propagating these "alternative facts".

perhaps if you downloaded the judgement of justice Jillian Mallon in the case of R Grant vs Police over the question of freestanding pistol grips(gundoc had a cameo role in this)
    In her erudite litany the learned judge gives the police a very large verbal arse rip over their conduct in the matter-to whit "no you are not judge jury and executioner"and she very carefully spells out the respective roles of government ,(the writers of legislation ,)the courts(the interpeters of law )and the Police-the people who administer such interpretations.
    The actions of the said AO irrespective of of gender,who suggest another police officer who is unaware of the above.also it would seem she is not alone -from reports on here a lot of licensees come across this type of situation frequently.

Handed in the application today. Arms officer on leave so friendly constable on the front desk said she will mail the permit to me next week. I will just have to wait and see.
    AzumitH, 308 and Daggers_187 like this.

Good luck and please keep us posted with progress

Quote Originally Posted by clickbang View Post
    Handed in the application today. Arms officer on leave so friendly constable on the front desk said she will mail the permit to me next week. I will just have to wait and see.
    Should be all good man.

Quote Originally Posted by Mauser308 View Post
    That's the other way around the issue...
    What are you referring to?

The cops were trying to pull this same shit on a another forum member. So it's not isolated. As a point of interest Willsoutfitters are the agent for Accuracy international

Delta Tactical | Online Firearms & Tactical Accessory Experts

Those guys are also appointed NZ distributors for AI .

Would they oppose a permit for a 45/70?
    Just to buy that:
    1877 Bulldog Gatling Gun

Quote Originally Posted by Friwi View Post
    Would they oppose a permit for a 45/70?
    Just to buy that:
    1877 Bulldog Gatling Gun
    Only scary part is "800 rounds per minute"....It"s bad enough paying for 800 rounds of 22, let alone 45/70.......Looks the bizzo though..

what bothers the most is a mobile phone when someone's driving. and I see it a LOT here in AKL!!! this IS a dangerous weapon!!!!
    police should tackle it and not a bolt action rifle.