Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree187Likes

Thread: Kiwis support stricter controls on gun owners

Quote Originally Posted by Tussock View Post
    Its 83% of people who give a biased anti-gun media the time of day.

But run the math of Tahrs attitude.

Say for arguments sake there are 400,000 A cat licence holders.

Thar would reduce that number by say, 25%. Two thirds of gun owners would be working class so 25% seems realistic.

He would increase scrutiny in a "scientific" way and that is very expensive.

User pays and licensing fees would realistically go to $1500, with renewal every 5 years.

25% get excluded, and thats assuming the science does not show anyone who wants to kill an animal is mentally ill and a threat to society. This may be something that should only be done by a licenced, qualified, trained and certified professional with demonstrable procedures, OHS and who promises to not enjoy it.

50% can't justify the expense and buy a bow.

Half the gunstores go out of business and our bow section sees more action than the shooting section till bows are declared inhumane after a tourist photographs a deer feeding with an arrow sticking out of its head.

Cost is spread over 200,000 with triple the admin. We are neither England who can print free money or Aussie who can mine it so licensing goes to $3000/5 years.

Further loss of interest and a shrinking minority relative to an anti gun population takes you to 100,000

100,000 is simply too small a group to justify any free public use or carry of fire arms. Reduce numbers to 25,000 collectors.

Become a tramper.
    Best Tussock post IMHO hahahahaha
    Jexla likes this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by Tussock View Post
    Well Wally, you really don't belong in that group. As an advocate of draconian law you belong in a far more insidious social class with historical crimes against your fellow man right at the peak of cruelty.

I'm going to play with cows. Not much future for a man like me in your world. A head taller than the crowd. Obviously a thug.
    Nothing is perfect @Tussock mate.
    Refer your PM and what I've replied to you.
    Grim likes this.

At least there's a few people on this forum who see it for what it really is.

10000 FAL holders were outside with there guns/rifles/ knifes hunting or on the range on Sunday and no one got shot OR Police raid recovers 7 guns from gang headquarters. What story will be in the media. A lot of people think that your gun is unsafe, can go off at any time and fires hundreds of bullets per second like on the movies, and your shot deer has 30+ bullet holes in it. Guns are made out to be bad, movies media, ect. Joe public wants tougher laws, they have no idea what it is currently but it needs to be tougher. The government has a idea that pricing it out of the market is the best way (like smokes). Lots of media coverage over the last few months regarding FAL, mountain safety council is going to sort the mess out (no real mess or problem) and I cant see a pretty ending to this.

Quote Originally Posted by 223nut View Post
    Stricter storage requirements for a cat is about all I would want changed. I have a safe bolted to the floor so not worried personally but know some that use the old bike lock... Sure this has come up in the past
    Agree 100% with this....a burglar will prise/break open any lock to see what 'Precious' is inside....'sweet a gun, ill use/sell that, no sweat'......thats about the only change for me...A Cat security
    chindit likes this.
    While I might not be as good as I once was, Im as good once as I ever was!

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt

I think ....only I should be allowed any kind of firearms at all ..... its the same with driving , your all idiots ...... but on a more actual serious note, I don't know what the answer is for any of this ... I want more serious repercussions to people who commit crime with a firearm . I want crims to THINK (yeah I know) before they use a firearm for a crime that "shit if I get caught im in real big trouble"... but they don't think , and they don't care .... and where do I sit on all this ??? .... well this is my opinion and mine alone , but I want the ability to have concealed carry ..so im at the 2nd amendment style end of the spectrum ... don't think this has helped the nature of this post .... but I just like to be included
    NO MATTER HOW MUCH IT HURTS, HOW DARK IT GETS OR HOW FAR YOU FALL , .....
    YOU ARE NEVER OUT OF THE FIGHT . (Marcus Luttrell)

Quote Originally Posted by Tahr View Post
    I honestly don't know enough about it
    Yet you're happy to recommend change.

Ever hear of the old adage "If you don't know what you're talking about, keep your mouth....."?

Ever hear of the saying "if you can't saying something nice, stfu?"

People are allowed to disagree.

This forum is turning into a stupid fucking shitfight where differing opinions aren't tolerated without upsetting people and open discussion becomes a stupid name calling school yard taunt.
    ebf, 10-Ring and WallyR like this.

Maybe tinfoil hat wearers are right after all?

Quote Originally Posted by Koshogi View Post
    Yet you're happy to recommend change.

Ever hear of the old adage "If you don't know what you're talking about, keep your mouth....."?
    You are being obtuse. I was musing about possibilities and ideas. Not rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Kscott View Post
    Ever hear of the saying "if you can't saying something nice, stfu?"

People are allowed to disagree.

This forum is turning into a stupid fucking shitfight where differing opinions aren't tolerated without upsetting people and open discussion becomes a stupid name calling school yard taunt.
    To me this is more prevalent from members I know to have ARs etc from what they share one here, no judgement just an observation.
    Pointer and ebf like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gibo View Post
    ...no judgement...
    But inferred nonetheless.
    AzumitH, Daggers_187 and Jexla like this.

I actually wouldn't mind having a civil discussion, even with people I know from past posting that have a dim view of what rifles I like.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Personally, I'd really like to have a civil dialogue, devoid of emotion with people whose views are for or opposed without it denigrating into a bun fight or a quest for one-upmanship.
    Just highlighting the above... again, as an "AR type firearm owner".