Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Looking for binos leupold, delta, vortex...

Looking for binos leupold, delta, vortex...

Hey guys, looking to upgrade my binos. Currently have the leupold Yosemite bx1 porro prism 8x32 binos.

Looking for something I'm the 10x42 range and see that GC are doing special on McKenzie bx1 HD 10x42. I have seen and heard mixed reviews of them, anyone have first hand experience over a period of more than a few months?

Also heard good things about the delta forest binos, are they on the same or better level glass wise? Mostly do spot and stalk hunting so they'll get used a lot.

Anyhow I'm looking in that $500 ish price range.

Any feedback appreciated.

I had a pair of Bx2 10x52's I sold to buy a pair of Zeiss terra 10x42's.....they are ok but I think the Bx2's were better to my eyes IMO maybe it was the bigger objective. The Zeiss are not bad and still have no trouble spotting deer much further away than I would shoot them I just found the BX2's really nice to look through.
    #DANNYCENT

The Zeiss terra are about twice what I'm looking at spending @dannyb in an imaginary world where I'm millionaire, I'd buy some sig 3ks or Swaro EL range or whatever they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Rated M for Magnum View Post
    The Zeiss terra are about twice what I'm looking at spending @dannyb in an imaginary world where I'm millionaire, I'd buy some sig 3ks or Swaro EL range or whatever they are.
    sorry I meant conquest either way I rate the BX2's as better than them to my eyes
    Rated M for Magnum likes this.
    #DANNYCENT

Quote Originally Posted by dannyb View Post
    sorry I meant conquest either way I rate the BX2's as better than them to my eyes
    Haha I'm sure they are wonderful. Good to know about the bx2s
    dannyb likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dannyb View Post
    Terra or conquest? There's well over 1k difference in price ?

Sent from my SM-S916B using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BRADS View Post
    Terra or conquest? There's well over 1k difference in price ?

Sent from my SM-S916B using Tapatalk
    I thought I clarified that in the post you quoted but alas I am tired and suffering they are the Terra as originally stated
    BRADS and Rated M for Magnum like this.
    #DANNYCENT

I have just sent my Leupold 8x32 bx3 Mojaves I have had for three years back for a repair. I really like these for size and clarity. Been told that they will probably be replaced instead of repaired. They are now obsolete. Hope whatever they replace them with are as good, or I rather put up with what I had, even with the minor issues with the focus knob.
    dannyb and Rated M for Magnum like this.

Fwiw, I just got a pair of b3 maven 10x30,for my eyes they are better than the 2 swaros I previously owned.

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeyJason View Post
    Fwiw, I just got a pair of b3 maven 10x30,for my eyes they are better than the 2 swaros I previously owned.
    Very nice, again about double what I have to spend what are they like in low light?

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeyJason View Post
    where did you order you're Maven's from ? the Maven website quotes $140 shipping to little old NZ
    #DANNYCENT

Just some bloke
    I’ve got the bx-2 alpine 10x42. Can’t fault them

Got a pair of stieners here. Been good

Banned
    At the $500 price point, the Delta would be the best then 'for a few dollars more' the Geko - NZ GR Hunts
    Rated M for Magnum and TimC like this.

Wife uses the BX1 Mckenzie HD's, she loves them and thinks they are great. I on the otherhand just didnt gel with them and ended up going with the BX2 Alpine HD's. I can see a small but worthwhile difference between the 2, but the Wife still thinks the Mckenzies are better.

All you can really do is try a few and grab the option that you feel is better.

I should also mention she spots more Deer than me, could be unrelated, but there is that.