Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Looking for binos leupold, delta, vortex...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rated M for Magnum View Post
    Wasn't there a ratio between the objective lense, zoom and exit pupil? Zoom times exit pupil equals required lense diameter to get the nest out of it? So with the Deltas I see the 10x42 have an exit pupil of 4.2 (10x4.2=42) and the 10x50s have an exit pupil of 5mm (10x5=50). Looking around that seems to be common sizing.

I need to stop looking around and pick some, this is starting to do my head in lol

Oh bloody hell now I've seen the athlon range...
    There is a set of Leica binos in buy / sell. They would be good as long as they have warranty.
    The Delta are very good and compare or are better than $1000 binos. They are a little heavy, but if we cant hold up a pair of binos .....
    Get in contact with Peter at NZ GRhunts
    Rated M for Magnum and TimC like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Moa Hunter View Post
    There is a set of Leica binos in buy / sell. They would be good as long as they have warranty.
    The Delta are very good and compare or are better than $1000 binos. They are a little heavy, but if we cant hold up a pair of binos .....
    Get in contact with Peter at NZ GRhunts
    A set of leicas would be nice but a bit out of range at this point. I'll try and have a look through some tomorrow and go from there. Cheers for the input and advice team, it is appreciated.
    Moa Hunter likes this.

Hi mate, only saw this post now.
    I'm happy to send you a pair of Deltas. If you don't like them, simply return them to us.

Id put in a good word for the burris 10x42, biggest thing for me is they played nicely with my glasses. i was originally looking at leupold but the focus distance didn't work with my lenses.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTA NZ View Post
    Hi mate, only saw this post now.
    I'm happy to send you a pair of Deltas. If you don't like them, simply return them to us.
    And I only saw this post now. That is a fantastic offer @DelTA_NZ I have purchased a pair of Athlon binos earlier today. If I'm unhappy with them I will absolutely be in touch to talk about getting some Deltas instead.

Very nice, again about double what I have to spend what are they like in low light?
    I find them good, hunt rabbits into the night.
    I would say be much better on deer up to nearly dark.

Quote Originally Posted by dannyb View Post
    where did you order you're Maven's from ? the Maven website quotes $140 shipping to little old NZ
    I had a mate bring them over.
    dannyb likes this.

Athlons turned up today, big step up from the Leupolds I've been using. Old ones are 8x30 and new ones are 10x42.

With the Athlons I'm seeing more detail at longer distances, brighter colors and the colors really pop.

Very happy so far, will see how they go in the field.

Name:  IMG20230705111213.jpg
Views: 213
Size:  3.01 MB

Name:  IMG20230705113039.jpg
Views: 219
Size:  3.53 MB
    dannyb and TimC like this.

Athlons turned up today, big step up from the Leupolds I've been using. Old ones are 8x30 and new ones are 10x42.

With the Athlons I'm seeing more detail at longer distances, brighter colors and the colors really pop.

Very happy so far, will see how they go in the field.

Attachment 228184

Attachment 228185
    I had an Athlon Argos scope for a while and definitely rated it, shot a few deer using it at dialing ranges and found it always tracked accurately, the glass was more than adequate (I had nothing better to compare it to at the time but never felt it lacked clarity). They seem to be good value, definitely not swaro or Bx3 quality but also nowhere near the price either. They will 100% be a step up from your old Leupolds with a bigger objective and 10x mag. Hope you're happy with them, let us know how you get on ?
    #DANNYCENT

Yup I'll do an update once I've had them out looking at animals, living in town and looking off into the distance at all my neighbors will likely raise an eyebrow ha ha.

Should be able to get a comparison through the eyes of a Leica owner and possibly a Leupold owner.
    dannyb likes this.

Update time, been out once and they went well. Good in overcast conditions. Again a big step up from the Leupold Yosemites I was using, seeing things I couldn't even tell were there before .

One happy buyer.
    Tahr likes this.

And they fit nicely in the Bushbuck bino pro with plenty of room in the bottom pouch for a range finder.