Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Howa1500
  • 2 Post By 55six
  • 1 Post By Trout
  • 1 Post By TLB
  • 1 Post By TLB

Thread: Night Tech XD Mini II

Night Tech XD Mini II

Being thinking about getting a thermal monocular for while, would be nice to to be able to identify a animal at 2km, but something just to spot animals is perhaps enough for the time being. Anyone here with some experience on the Night Tech XD Mini II? Cheers

yes ive played around with one quite a bit, for the money i dont think you can beat them. Good battery life, lightwieght and i can easily see animals 1km away. think they punch above their wieght and prefer them over some options costing a few hundred more ( guide )

I had a look through their MS-19 ad was blown away by the image for such a small and light thermal.

yearling cows, not thick scrub but fence lines with scrub maybe half a metre high, for the money i wouldnt but anything else, cant say enough about them for the price
    Phil_H likes this.

We’ve been stripped clean of the conotech tracers. Another shipment in the air and placing another order for more for December. There’s nothing on the market in their price range with range finder and a NETD of <35mk.
    https://nightvision.co.nz/netd-and-why-it-matters/
    gadgetman and Phil_H like this.

Tomoro Phil,could take a few hrs to sort out.
    Phil_H likes this.

TLB
    I have a night tech but the 25mm lens model, not the one you have stated with a 19mm. Personally I wouldn't go with the 19mm. It just isn't enough.
    I also have a conotech 35mm and the scope I use the most is a pulsar with the 50mm.
    25mm is the minimum you want unless you are bush hunting.
    For an all rounder a 35mm model is probably the best. Conotech, hik, night tech and infiray all have good we'll priced units. Bang for your buck the conotech is pretty hard to beat.
    Phil_H likes this.

TLB
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil_H View Post
    Thanks for that @TLB. Yes, doing research on the web tends to concur very much with what you are saying. Looking very much to a Conotech 50mm once they are in the country again......as you say, bang for your buck, they would appear to be most definitely leading the pack at this time.

Cheers
    Phil
    I haven't looked through the 50mm one but I have spotted deer at just over 1800 metres in the weekend with my 35mm conotech. The 50mm I would think would be too zoomed in for my liking but could be wrong.
    Phil_H likes this.