Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Night Vision

In view of the helpful comments from this forum I am now thinking a Photon XTs or a Yukon NV 750. Any comments on these units welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Raymondo View Post
    In view of the helpful comments from this forum I am now thinking a Photon XTs or a Yukon NV 750. Any comments on these units welcome.
    i have a photon XT in the 6.5x50s have tried both the 4.6x42s and recommend the larger 6.5x as its much clearer. very much worth the money in putting a IR intensifier on it though as you can see much greater distances. use it to pop piggies at night and works great

Ejected
    Quote Originally Posted by Raymondo View Post
    Go the 870, it's very hard to range in the dark. If you want a demo let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by mrbadmonkey View Post
    i have a photon XT in the 6.5x50s have tried both the 4.6x42s and recommend the larger 6.5x as its much clearer. very much worth the money in putting a IR intensifier on it though as you can see much greater distances. use it to pop piggies at night and works great
    I got a photon XT recently and an additional IR illuminator and its really just a toy in my opinion. Pretty hopeless out past 50m in total darkness.
    Will just keep using the Maxtoch.