Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

No 4 Mk 1 Front circle aperture sight wanted.

https://www.nzhuntingandshooting.co....d-rifle-71244/

Hello from Canada,

I recently joined the NZHS And the forum member named Kiwi.bloke suggested I drop you an email. I am looking for a front circle aperture sight ( see forum web address attached for pictures ) for my C No 7 Mk 1 which is exactly like a No 7 Mk 1 or No 4 Mk 1. Old eyes of mine are having trouble with the standard blade sight that was issued with the rifle. This particular sight pictured came off the NZHS forum and is a 1950 No 4 mk1 target rifle with a Parker hale 5C rear sight and this front sight. Would you happen to have this available for Sale or know someone who does?

Website for pictures of sight. Sorry, picture will not upload from computer. Images are from this forum.
    https://www.nzhuntingandshooting.co....d-rifle-71244/

Apparently there was a kit called the Brindle Fore-sight kit.
    An excerpt from https://www.rifleman.org.uk/PH_Servi...tml#FORESIGHTS

This inventively designed kit permitted quick changes of fore-sight element
    without the necessity to remove a standard dovetailed fore-sight from the No.4 Lee-Enfield rifle. These were manufactured by John Good, a cousin of Robin Fulton of Fultons of Bisley. Good, who had been apprenticed at the Brooklands Aircraft Factory, had later been employed by Fultons. He subsequently set up his own business, based at his house called "Brindles" in Lightwater, near Bisley in Surrey.
    He also made various rear-sights and trigger mechanisms which, with his fore-sight kits, reportedly sold well in South Africa.

Anyway, if you can have a look and let me know if you have this front sight available or know someone who does, that would be appreciated. Look forward to hearing back from you.

Cheers,
    Doug

One of the collings brothers might know. Try hunting and outdoors shop in carterton, they are on the web.

Never seen one but would love one on my No 8 rifle.Looks like a great idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Bagheera View Post
    One of the collings brothers might know. Try hunting and outdoors shop in carterton, they are on the web.
    Probably best to contact Geoff Collings as Ross told me Geoff got Dins stash of enfield parts, when I was looking for some bits.

Ahhhhh - that thing... They are about but are not common even over here. I've seen only a handful of them in my time, and I've seen (and owned) a lot of rare stuff.

One thing about them, the foresight post was/is fragile, and came in one height which dictated the use of the PH5C style of rear sight that had the adjustable vernier to zero the rear sight rather than adjusting the height of the foresight post.