Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    R93
    Had my first custom barrel out of 20 odd that I have had personally, that had to be replaced from new, as it didnt shoot.
    I have owned Hart, shilen, Mab, krieger, TF, cooper and a few others that I cant remember. They all were capable of 1/2" or less from the first 3 rounds. Never run one in as some believe, to be the go. I believe if it cant shoot from new, it generally wont shoot or be fickle on projectile selection.
    Abe whacked a Vulcan on a rifle of mine after the last one that shall remain nameless was a dud.
    With him shooting it, it shot amazingly from the start. No load development.
    I cant see how you could ask for more for a hunting rig that could easily be BR capable.
    I was a bit skeptical at the start as I didnt know or hear much about Vulcan. Abe has rebarreled 20 odd rifles with Vulcan and never had a bad one. After seeing what my one can do, I am sold on them. Plus they are NZ made. For less than half the price of a single point cut barrel, I reckon I got value and accuracy that would be as good. Besides, while it would be nice to have a Bartlien the wait for one would snap me.
    Last edited by R93; 27-11-2012 at 01:20 PM.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Interesting if you compare Vulcan profiles with Shilen profiles - mostly they are exactly the same... Although manufacturers usually use similar numbers for their profiles there are normally differences. I would be quite happy to give a Vulcan a go. With trying to establish his brand I am sure he would not be putting dodgy barrels out into the market.

Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    Had my first custom barrel out of 20 odd that I have had personally, that had to be replaced from new, as it didnt shoot.

Abe whacked a Vulcan on a rifle of mine after the last one that shall remain nameless was a dud.
    I hope it wasn't a Kreiger, I'm currently waiting on 2 of them to be delivered

L.R
    Im sure no match barrel manufacturer wants to put a bad barrel on the market, whether or not they have the skill and equipment it takes to produce an extremely high quality barrel is another story. With a very limited number of barrels produced and tested Vuclan is not Bartlein just yet.

Abe is actually building me a rifle at the mo using a Vulcan barrel, however if there was a Bartlein in stock somewhere i would prefer that as i know for sure it would shoot well.

L.R
    Quote Originally Posted by mikee View Post
    My guess is it was a TF?

Quote Originally Posted by L.R View Post
    My guess is it was a TF?
    Wasn't a 7mm was it?

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by mikee View Post

No not a Kreiger or 7mm mate. You will be sweet.

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by L.R View Post
    Im sure no match barrel manufacturer wants to put a bad barrel on the market, whether or not they have the skill and equipment it takes to produce an extremely high quality barrel is another story. With a very limited number of barrels produced and tested Vuclan is not Bartlein just yet.

Abe is actually building me a rifle at the mo using a Vulcan barrel, however if there was a Bartlein in stock somewhere i would prefer that as i know for sure it would shoot well.
    I hope it as good as the one I got. I used to say the same about other brands but you will always get one that wont shoot somewhere along the line. The barrel we replaced was flawless from what we could see. Didnt copper up. It just wouldnt shoot any better than 2" I thru tons of brass, projectiles and powder through it. Even lapped it before I gave up.

L.R
    I agree its possible for any manufacturer to produce a bad barrel at some stage, however i feel that the QC at Bartlein would probably pick it up before it left the shop, unlike some other manufacturers.

6.5 SG TF?

R93
    I rather not say in public but if they dont refund some coin or replace it I might