Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Nz Guns Article

Quote Originally Posted by mikee View Post
    mmmm I stopped buying it when it went to fully online only thing`. Just not the same as picking a mag up off the pile.
    I’m the same. Pretty gutted they went digital. I can understand the reasons but still...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    mikee likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by grandpamac View Post
    Greetings Jakewire and All,
    Thanks for your kind words Jakewire. I started writing short articles for our local Deerstalkers newsletter a few years back and quite enjoyed it. You build up quite a bit of knowledge as you go through life and I feel that we should at least make an attempt to pass some of it on. My short posts on this Forum and the longer articles in NZ Guns are my way of doing this.
    Along with the other posts above I also lament the passing of the printed format but with Marty Henry accept that the on line magazine and forum platforms are the way of the future. In my 71 years and counting there have been some amazing changes and if we didn't go with the flow we would be hunting with Snider's. Kiwi Sapper would likely approve of this.
    To Mickey Duck, I have that article on the .308 somewhere and agree that the .308 is as good as it ever was, which is pretty dam good.
    Regards Grandpamac.

Sadly very true.
    I bought the last printed copy, love it on paper as my iPhone screen can never match the beauty of a large printed page with photographs.

A dinosaur I admit to being!

Bought the mag from first publication. In fact I think I have the whole lot in boxes somewhere.
    Sad when they went digital. Will run my latest subscription out and then decide whether to continue.

@grandpamac keep providing them good material and it will make my decision easier.

As a subscriber I got plenty of warning and decided to go digital as otherwise it's another asset to the shooting public that has been lost.
    jakewire, Cyclops and Sasquatch like this.

Nothing wrong with a 308 , yep I like the smell and charm of flicking through a old book or magazine , can’t stand those kindle books

Speaking of old magazines, and Graham Henry. Does anyone have a copy of the Grahams obituary, think it was in the Hunting and Wildlife, and written by John Bissel. would love a copy if I could find it, dont mind digital.