Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree102Likes

Thread: NZ Wide Ammunition Shortage??

Quote Originally Posted by HandH View Post
    My greater concern if there were to be a calibre/energy limit would be how the classic big bores would be treated - everything from 35 Whelen up....for me it would affect 9.3x62, 375 H&H, 416 Rigby....
    Given he brainless/illogical way legislation is thrown together those calbres might be collateral damage if so-called ‘sniper’ calibres are banned.

FFS when has anybody in NZ been ‘ sniped’ at long distance and with a 300WM or similar?
    They’re trying to ‘fix’ a problem that doesn’t exist in this country, grrrr

Quote Originally Posted by Ditchjumper View Post
    SSANZ Secretary has in my view been misusing his position for several months. The nature of his numerous I'll informed political outbursts has brought the organisation into ill repute. His outright despise for New Conservative is now reaching the the point of obsessive and an embarrassment to all SSANZ members.

Now he's best buddies with the Police to undermine the firearms spokesperson for New Conservative. Perhaps you could explain how you managed to achieve such an expeditious reply from Police.

Time to resign, you're nothing short of an embarrassment to both SSANZ members, but the ACT Party to whom you purport to respresent.
    Wow. Well, I'm not embarrassed and a couple of other members I checked with said they aren't either. So, not all members as you claim.
    Cyclops, Jewcati and grandpamac like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Finnwolf View Post
    Given he brainless/illogical way legislation is thrown together those calbres might be collateral damage if so-called ‘sniper’ calibres are banned.

FFS when has anybody in NZ been ‘ sniped’ at long distance and with a 300WM or similar?
    They’re not fixing anything. They are trying to do away with reasons to own firearms and any collateral damage that happens on the way...’meh it’s just a firearms owner...’

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    veitnamcam and Beaker like this.

My greater concern if there were to be a calibre/energy limit would be how the classic big bores would be treated - everything from 35 Whelen up....for me it would affect 9.3x62, 375 H&H, 416 Rigby....
    505 gibbs?

Quote Originally Posted by Finnwolf View Post

They are afraid that someone will have a go at them. Their current vest will not stop much, therefore all large calibre guns must go to stop someone being a sniper and taking a cop out. Police have said in the FCAF meeting that large calibre rifles will go, so its only a matter of time that for no reason at all they will implement an upper muzzle energy limit so as to ban a lot of rifles. If they throw in a law change at the same time, like they did with ammo, then they wont have to buy the guns from us.

SSANZ Secretary has in my view been misusing his position for several months. The nature of his numerous I'll informed political outbursts has brought the organisation into ill repute. His outright despise for New Conservative is now reaching the the point of obsessive and an embarrassment to all SSANZ members.

Now he's best buddies with the Police to undermine the firearms spokesperson for New Conservative. Perhaps you could explain how you managed to achieve such an expeditious reply from Police.

Time to resign, you're nothing short of an embarrassment to both SSANZ members, but the ACT Party to whom you purport to respresent.
    I think the SSANZ secretary does a good job in telling it how it is. NC are going nowhere other than to split the vote with ACT, and that will be bad for all of us, however some gun owners just dont seem to be able to understand that. Does anyone remember a few weeks back we had the rumour that pistols were going to be banned. How has that worked out? Just another rumour. However as we know, anything is just an OIC away from being banned. You can thank National for that piece of legislation, at the time the law society warned them at the time not to do it because OIC's can be abused.
    zimmer likes this.

Yes some big game rifles are now prohibited in Canada, they based their recent cartridge ban on muzzle energy as well as bore diameter, unintentionally banning a lot of shotguns as well.

ebf

Um, the firearms "spokesperson" for NC is doing a very good job of undermining them-self ! Maybe if they spend a bit less time starting bullshit rumours on Faceplant they would regain some semblance of credibility.
    mikee, zimmer and Percy Jones like this.
    Viva la Howa ! R.I.P. Toby | Black rifles matter... | #illegitimate_ute

Not read much of this thread, but was talking to a mate in the US on Friday, and he is struggling to buy 223/556 ammo as there is a shortage...
    He is in Wisconsin, and all the shops seem to have limits... i guess there has been a rush recently...
    Cyclops likes this.

ebf
    Quote Originally Posted by grunzter View Post
    Not read much of this thread, but was talking to a mate in the US on Friday, and he is struggling to buy 223/556 ammo as there is a shortage...
    He is in Wisconsin, and all the shops seem to have limits... i guess there has been a rush recently...
    'Mrica is preparing for full out civil war Orange man sezs Biden wants your guns !
    Viva la Howa ! R.I.P. Toby | Black rifles matter... | #illegitimate_ute

Quote Originally Posted by GDMP View Post
    Heard from my old neighbour in North Carolina last week....tells me a lot of people are afraid of the way things are going there both politically and public safety wise.....firearms are being sold just as fast as they can be manufactured and imported....
    Same around Dallas/Ft Worth.
    ‘Many of my bullets have died in vain’

Quote Originally Posted by ebf View Post
    'Mrica is preparing for full out civil war Orange man sezs Biden wants your guns !
    Because the Dems do.

Quote Originally Posted by grunzter View Post
    That's an understatement.

A friend of mine opened up a gun store a few years ago and he's set financially after all of this.
    outlander likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ebf View Post
    Biden has form,His bill banned all semi autos bar .22 lr, had a sunset clause 10 years I think
    Real guns start with the number 3 or bigger and make two holes, one in and one out

Hey, at least they'll still have their pistols. And everyone knows pistols are only ever used for self defence.
    outlander likes this.