Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: Optics planet order cancelled

Quote Originally Posted by Boaraxa View Post
    If you can get them so cheap why don't you start your own shop what would your prices be like ?
    how much it costs to rent a shop in Auckland ? the whole country gets to hear all the winging from up there in jafa land about fucked roads that arnt big enough , you have to be a millionaire to buy a house so how does that work if everyone buys from overseas & puts no money back into the community ?

Woudlnt do it that way, Id do it out of my garage and be online only.

The issue is which may be scaring retailers, is the potential lack of warrantee, meaning the retailer has to eat the cost, and the capital outlay.

Ejected
    Quote Originally Posted by stretch View Post
    So where is the bulk parallel importing?

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk
    Reloaders supplies have been doing this for years which is why they have always had the best prices in the market. Thats even with them paying for a physical shop in auckland.
    stretch likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MassiveAttack View Post
    Reloaders supplies have been doing this for years which is why they have always had the best prices in the market. Thats even with them paying for a physical shop in auckland.
    Yeah it's got to make you laugh when some are railing on about direct buying from US. Reloaders have been grey importing for years. My CZ525 from them about 10 years ago never came via the NZ agent. Mind you, I don't think any cost savings got passed on to me. But then I do buy other stuff off them at their good rates - swings and roundabouts.

Went with taihape sports in the end. Might as well support locals that undercut the big boys even if it's more than buying overseas.
    Timmay, Boaraxa, Steve123 and 1 others like this.

Ok so im looking to buy a new vx6hd 2-12x42 in the states. How would I get it out?
    Loved ship it to back in the day. Would pay extra to have invoices removed and low figures put on the documentation so i didnt get hit at this end.

try webyshops,com
    Muckos Shooting accessories and engineering https://www.facebook.com/aimnzengineering/

Gone But Not Forgotten
    Quote Originally Posted by mucko View Post
    try webyshops,com
    They won't export scopes either.

Recently ordered a scope from them that is unobtainable in NZ. They charged my Visa for the scope pus US$56 freight then told me the order was cancelled due to ITAR restrictions. Haven't refunded my Visa after four days and I'm currently NZ$963 out of pocket. My advice is to stay well away from them.
    hotsoup likes this.

Dude you will get your money back, it takes like a week for int transactions to reverse and show up. I have had it happen on multiple occasions with a number of well known overseas websites. Be patient.
    10-Ring likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mcche171 View Post
    Ok so im looking to buy a new vx6hd 2-12x42 in the states. How would I get it out?
    Loved ship it to back in the day. Would pay extra to have invoices removed and low figures put on the documentation so i didnt get hit at this end.
    It seems that Leupold doesn't allow its products to be readily exported. You could probably ask a store if they will ship with an export permit, but it seems to be a Leupold policy so will probably be a no go. Only way will be to bring one back in your luggage on a flight out of the states.

Only a few select Leupolds are actually ITAR restricted, theres a list on their website.

Quote Originally Posted by mcche171 View Post
    https://theopticzone.com/product-cat...d-riflescopes/

Flik Jon at Opticzone and ask the question re availability of your model for export. Also note his discount. You can run an order (note and apply discount code) most of the way thru on his site until you get the shipping cost and then abort the order. That will give you a value to work on.

Don't expect to find many if any dealers though that will "adjust" the declared values nowadays. Those days are pretty well gone. And even if you can beware - I had a US$600 scope come in years ago and without asking the dealer dropped the value to around 10%. Yipee straight thru, no gestapo tax. Then the penny dropped - if the scope had gone missing all I could have claimed was the value on the dodgy invoice the dealer supplied. It would have been poinless trying to explain my CC value didn't match the invoice value on the insurance claim.

Years ago, in the days of telephone orders Sinclairs halved the value of one of my orders virtually without me asking.

Customs also have a reasonable hold on values.

As far as getting hit at this end it is still a lottery but the odds in recent years have swung much more to getting gst'd and bio'd. In fact not getting done is very much the exception I would say. I never get wound up about it and budget for it. If it comes thru without getting gst good, if it doesn't "oh well".

Price your local alternatives first. Sometimes the saving ex US is not worth it.
    Last edited by zimmer; 25-03-2017 at 10:33 AM.
    shooternz, 10-Ring and Steve123 like this.

Gone But Not Forgotten
    Quote Originally Posted by Towely View Post
    Dude you will get your money back, it takes like a week for int transactions to reverse and show up. I have had it happen on multiple occasions with a number of well known overseas websites. Be patient.
    Thanks for that info Towely.

All the good stuff with kool reticle is ITAR , that sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by Friwi View Post
    All the good stuff with kool reticle is ITAR , that sucks!
    Not everything, half the Mark 4 models aren't on there and the new VX3 Lrp or the VX6 HDs which can come with the new milling reticles.

The whole ITAR is a crock, you can't buy a Blue force tactical sling as it is ITAR restricted, yet can buy any Magpul sling which is the same yhing. Nylon webbing with nylon buckles and dling swivels.

Quote Originally Posted by 10-Ring View Post
    They won't export scopes either.

Recently ordered a scope from them that is unobtainable in NZ. They charged my Visa for the scope pus US$56 freight then told me the order was cancelled due to ITAR restrictions. Haven't refunded my Visa after four days and I'm currently NZ$963 out of pocket. My advice is to stay well away from them.
    It took 4 weeks for me to get money back from Hogue Inc, turns out it was the visa company holding, till they were satisfied it wasn't going to be charged