Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Kiwihunter
  • 2 Post By Mintie
  • 1 Post By Kiwihunter
  • 1 Post By Fat ninja

Thread: Pard ta62-35 settings

Pard ta62-35 settings

To those that have one, I saw a great deal on one that was to hard to resist (way less than NZ prices) and I'm wondering what settings you guys find the best?
    First impressions are positive and I'll give it a real work out at the start of Feb. Cheers for any help
    JemO likes this.

What was the deal you got?
    csmiffy and JemO like this.

the 640 processor with 35mm focal length is a real slow seller due to low mag & wide field of view. Ive talked with an aus counterpart and similar sales experience there too. Possibly why you got a sharp price.

It has the same mag range as pulsar just not the 50 obj size and way smaller! Sensor is the same. Digital mag is not really usable anyway. Wide field of view for scanning I would of thought would be better at finding stuff plus it comes with a red dot laser as well which might be handy at pointing stuff out to others. Will have to test it to find out against an infiray xeye in 2 weeks time. Paid prize NZ dollar just under 3000

That's a great price, I paid about $5500 for mine from memory. It's been a great unit and I find the higher res sensor with the wider fov the best combination for pest control work.

Nz prices are way over the top! That goes for everything from lowa boots, optics etc. Cool it sounds like a great unit! Can't wait to try it out in a couple of weeks instead of around home :-)
    JemO likes this.

I got the TA32-19 2.7x over Xmas and I’m undecided so far. I think wider might be better. But then the targets you are looking for are smaller I guess. But the thing certainly appears well made. Biggest negative is no auto-off. You can easily stick it back in the case while it’s running by accident and find it cooking hot later on.

There is sleep mode on the units @YosemiteSam
    YosemiteSam likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwihunter View Post
    It has the same mag range as pulsar just not the 50 obj size and way smaller! Sensor is the same. Digital mag is not really usable anyway. Wide field of view for scanning I would of thought would be better at finding stuff plus it comes with a red dot laser as well which might be handy at pointing stuff out to others. Will have to test it to find out against an infiray xeye in 2 weeks time. Paid prize NZ dollar just under 3000
    I got mine with no laser red dot, they said it was banned in NZ... Is there a hack for turning it back on, or a fix? Also, does the rangefinder 'paint ' the target so than NV ifra red scope can spot the ranged target? Mine is a TA32 19mm

Mine has it preinstalled so I wouldn't know if there is a hack. I just long press one of the buttons and it turns on. Not sure what you mean by painting the target as it doesn't have a rangefinder but a laser pointer which can go on the target. The PARD is a very compact and quality unit. Video with sound is also damm good