Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Is it reasonable to expect....

Could you get some carbon and brush it down your barrel?
    VIVA LA HOWA

uuuummmmmmmmmmmmm? spos you could, not sure it would work. Im picking its the heat and pressure that makes it stick.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Righto.
    VIVA LA HOWA

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    Those are probably just clean bits of s/s protected from carbon by the first bullet laying copper on its way down the tube.

Do you reload? I have found firing a few blanks down a clean barrel to lay down some carbon virtually iliminates copper in a barrel that only "streaks" a bit.
    Hmmm very interesting comment VC, I never thought of that. Yeah I reload. They are "streaks" so it sounds like you may be spot on. So I'm assuming that eventually they will "wear" out?"

One would hope so but I havent owned enough and shot enough to really comment on that.

If its real bad it might improve and if its not it might go away with a bit of shooting........or not

As long as it shoots its all good yea?

yeah time will tell. I'll putting 100 rounds through her in the next month to break her in and abit of load testing so if she doesn't shoot well at that stage I'll....ummmmm....wellllllll......cut her up and dig a hole and buy a tikka !!.

But in all seriousness - I've got one mate with 3 tikkas, and another mate with 2 sako a7's (fuck I'm lucky to have 2 mates ) and the bloody things have never given them any trouble and they shoot fuckin mint. I've had to fark around with my rifles to get them to shoot well and it's got me fucked. I know it's not me, as i've shot all those rifles over the last couple of years and had great success with animals and on paper.

Cheers Dude,
    G

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Grunta View Post
    I received the replacement rifle yesterday and it has no chatter marks which is great, but the copper still is there so I'm assuming they don't clean them once they've been fired from the factory. Look foward to putting some rounds through it and seeing how it shoots.

Neckshot - be interested to hear back and see what your findings are. How does your ultimate shadow shoot?
    With the barrel that came with it it shot well mate, i went through the rebuilding process as i wanted a different call how ever i was adamant that i wanted the action to saty and im happy i did mate i beleive the action on the winchesters to be of a high quality. ask the gunsmiths what they think
    Grunta likes this.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckshot View Post
    With the barrel that came with it it shot well mate, i went through the rebuilding process as i wanted a different call how ever i was adamant that i wanted the action to saty and im happy i did mate i beleive the action on the winchesters to be of a high quality. ask the gunsmiths what they think
    what cal was your barrel grunta?

.270 - It's my fourth one now. Was going to go 7mm rem mag, but I just seem to love the .270. Never lost an animal to it and I know the caliber pretty well now.

Thats good news yours shot well with the factory barrel. Out of interest - did the right hand side bolt lug gouge a mark down the right hand side of the action? This one has and at first I though it was the extractor claw, then the "fin" below it, but have now come to the conclusion it's the bottom of the bolt lug. The smoothness seems lacking a wee bit - could be because it's new, but it feels "off" Maybe I'm just use to brownings. The rifle itself including the action seems well made and solid - there's no plastic on it at all which is great and the factory bedding is one of the better I've seen. Fark, maybe I'm just a fussy prick?....

The problem with the action smoothness is it is made in America

The problem with the action smoothness is it is made in America
    I hear they're one of the............ hahaha

anyway...little bit of topic but I watched a friggin great movie the other day and am listening to the soundtrack on youtube. Here's the link - it's Great!!

DJANGO UNCHAINED - SOUNDTRACK PLAYLIST - YouTube

.270 - It's my fourth one now. Was going to go 7mm rem mag, but I just seem to love the .270. Never lost an animal to it and I know the caliber pretty well now.

Thats good news yours shot well with the factory barrel. Out of interest - did the right hand side bolt lug gouge a mark down the right hand side of the action? This one has and at first I though it was the extractor claw, then the "fin" below it, but have now come to the conclusion it's the bottom of the bolt lug. The smoothness seems lacking a wee bit - could be because it's new, but it feels "off" Maybe I'm just use to brownings. The rifle itself including the action seems well made and solid - there's no plastic on it at all which is great and the factory bedding is one of the better I've seen. Fark, maybe I'm just a fussy prick?....
    You have every right to be you have invested good money for a good rifle and you should be getting good quality. I was shocked to see the pic of the barrel at the start of this thread and thought shit even the budget rifles had a better finish.
    RULE 4: IDENTIFY YOUR TARGET BEYOND ALL DOUBT

To be a Human is to be an Alien, ask the animals, We invade this world and we are killing it, we are destroying the earth and nobody gives a fuck except for the animals

I hear they're one of the............ hahaha

anyway...little bit of topic but I watched a friggin great movie the other day and am listening to the soundtrack on youtube. Here's the link - it's Great!!

DJANGO UNCHAINED - SOUNDTRACK PLAYLIST - YouTube

Dam computer froze trying to watch that, must see that tho .Tarinteno fan

Hey hunter308,

You may be talking about my other thread re the bedding job - and by christ that was shocking. I ended up getting Abe (Tuiman) to sort it out and he did mint - cheers Abe!! Shouldn't of sold the friggin thing but I was going to be buying my mates 7mm rem mag but just couldn't do it, an then I couldn't re-neg on salling the a-bolt either so I was stuck between a rock and a hard place - re-neg (not an option) or buy the 7mm (love my .270's)

Too me it's a lot of money, and the money I've invested in my hobby (as we all have) is quite large and it's the justifying to the wife part thats the most difficult - shit, half my gear is my "mates"....hahaha. But I just love the hills whether I carry a rifle or not. I give away almost 70% of my meat as I enjoy doing it. Share and share alike I say
    veitnamcam likes this.

Dam computer froze trying to watch that, must see that tho .Tarinteno fan
    You'll love it. Longish - but pretty mean aye. His films are legendary!