Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Reducing recoil - muzzle brake or can?

Banned
    easy solution to recoil...........look at the target and imagine dropping it dead while your pulling the trigger.another could be as simple as lighting up your trigger.I can only add my two cents on my experiances and im assuming he's already gotten all the helpfull info he need's.i could have a flinch but havnt been told i have.....all i do is watch the shot before it gets there so im not thinking about a flinch im thinking about the marksmanship principles .i shoot with a 243 but it was the same with my 270 which had a short barrel and was quite light and lurched and kicked like a heifer!.but i only worried about that stuff after the round was in the target for me its a mindset ive shot a mates edge and its still the same the recoil never hurts for long IMO and its my own experiance's its not gospel for the expurts!!!!!

pretty easy there Toby if the fitment holes dont align plug old hole redrill pilot holes to fit limbsaver patern. screw on stock mark shape of your stock onto the over hanging limbsaver stock remove stock then grind the limbsaver to shape. qoute the measurement of your stock as you can only grind the limbsaver so far.

Oh yeah cool. The one on the 300WSM is alot better then the one on mates Tikka, that thing is shit.
    VIVA LA HOWA

Reducing recoil - muzzle brake or can?

Quote Originally Posted by Neckshot View Post
    easy solution to recoil...........look at the target and imagine dropping it dead while your pulling the trigger.another could be as simple as lighting up your trigger.I can only add my two cents on my experiances and im assuming he's already gotten all the helpfull info he need's.i could have a flinch but havnt been told i have.....all i do is watch the shot before it gets there so im not thinking about a flinch im thinking about the marksmanship principles .i shoot with a 243 but it was the same with my 270 which had a short barrel and was quite light and lurched and kicked like a heifer!.but i only worried about that stuff after the round was in the target for me its a mindset ive shot a mates edge and its still the same the recoil never hurts for long IMO and its my own experiance's its not gospel for the expurts!!!!!
    perfectly worded imagine its dead and it will be, i never could word it like that but im sure thats what i do as well , if your thinkn u will flinch then u will and if your thinkn its dead it will be

Official Cheese Shaman Spanners's Avatar
    Buy a unbraked Ultramag and shoot it.. the 270 will be like a popgun afterwards

after 12 months of tinkering i got to fire my 264 win mag with the limbsaver recoil pad holy fuck it like shooting a .22 my 243 has more boot. i going to fit a limsaver to all my rifles

i can add anything to this topic, because i dont have a can, or a break on anything. but i do have a 243 which has little recoil, and shoots bang on every time. maybe just use the 243 just get in closer if you are able.
    Neckshot likes this.

Nah suppress all your guns from .17 to 300 win mag and then shoot everything in the neck or eyeball they tend to drop pretty quick then !! There really is no alternative if you wish to spend time out there doin it and pullin the trigger !! Plus 100 % meat recovery
    "This is my Flag... Ill only have the one ..

suppressors are awesome, if you can, do suppress it

muzzle breaks are awesome at reducing recoil. they make things very loud. I wont go that way again and plan to take mine off my 7RM

you will be surprised how much a limbsaver will do, they are great and at $75 are the cheepest of all the options, and you can fit the correct shaped ones yourself with just a screwdriver. do this first then see if you need to take another step. for a 270 you probably wont.
    mucko likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill999 View Post
    suppressors are awesome, if you can, do suppress it

muzzle breaks are awesome at reducing recoil. they make things very loud. I wont go that way again and plan to take mine off my 7RM

you will be surprised how much a limbsaver will do, they are great and at $75 are the cheepest of all the options, and you can fit the correct shaped ones yourself with just a screwdriver. do this first then see if you need to take another step. for a 270 you probably wont.
    i cant rave enough about my limbsaver they reduce something like 80% of felt recoil. happy to let anyone try my magnum and see for themselves

Quote Originally Posted by mucko View Post
    i cant rave enough about my limbsaver they reduce something like 80% of felt recoil. happy to let anyone try my magnum and see for themselves
    Send it to my place I'll have a try
    VIVA LA HOWA

Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    Send it to my place I'll have a try
    ha ha ha you would be fucking lucky. welcome to call in if your heading past thou toby i am 25min south of rotorua (waiotapu)

Maybe one day.
    VIVA LA HOWA