Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Remington 700 trigger recall

The Walker trigger both original and next generation are excellent triggers that allow adjustments and can be exceptional if done correctly.

As per most mods many don’t know what there doing, the downfalls to avoid and safety checks to make.

The std Timney and Shilen std triggers appear to be Walker clones but correct me if I’m wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Moa Hunter likes this.

man you fellas should try one fitted with a "jewel trigger" holy shite they are awesome machines then.....and talk about simple to adjust.

Remington 700 trigger recall

Mickey, good triggers but at least 4 Hundy now!

Micky Duck likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    man you fellas should try one fitted with a "jewel trigger" holy shite they are awesome machines then.....and talk about simple to adjust.
    Tried TriggerTech yet?

nope...Im more than happy with the jewel...and not forking out any more $$$$ to fix what aint broke LOL.
    caberslash likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    nope...Im more than happy with the jewel...and not forking out any more $$$$ to fix what aint broke LOL.
    Buy a TT when your Jewel breaks
    Micky Duck likes this.

Had a jewel HVR on my 6.5/284 for a long time now. Doesn’t look like breaking. Nice triggers.

caberslash likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dicko View Post
    Had a jewel HVR on my 6.5/284 for a long time now. Doesn’t look like breaking. Nice triggers.

Likewise. Had a Jewell HVR on my Omark now for 30 years. Ordered over the phone when Arnold was still running the business.
    Stood the test of time and a hell of a lot of rounds.
    Bix n Andy would be my next consideration if I needed to go mad on a trigger.
    mikee and caberslash like this.

Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    Bix n Andy would be my next consideration if I needed to go mad on a trigger.
    They now make a cheaper version of their ball bearing trigger for the Rem700 called the Dakota, priced around $200 to compete with the TriggerTech Special.

Would be keen to try a B&A on my Tikka T3x (not that it needs it).
    zimmer likes this.

JLF
    To the firing system of my 700, I replaced a couple of springs and polished its mechanisms, I left it to the "hair", with just the touch of the firing finger. I tested it by putting the safety on and then pulling the trigger, then unlocking the safety very quickly. I also hit the stock with the loaded and unsecured rifle and it didn't fire. I keep a good job.
    There is still gunpowder left, the Grim Reaper can wait.

Quote Originally Posted by mikee View Post
    I think the term mountains out of mole hill springs to mine. None of my Std Rem triggers have had issues (even though they have all been replaced with 2 stage jobs)
    Personally I think it was a US liability thing. If you keep the finger off the trigger until its time not to, and always have the muzzle in a safe direction then.........................

That said a lot of shooters have very poor trigger discipline!!
    That was part of the problem I believe. They would fire without touching the trigger....apparently anyway.

Im starting to get reminded of the wind up hit peice they put out over cruise control running people off the road back in the day.

Reply from the NZ resellers about that particular rifle seems to echo the consensus here;

"We are unable to access the records anymore as Remington Arms went bankrupt in August 2020.

You might consider purchasing an after market trigger such as a Timney if you are concerned OR have a qualified gunsmith assess the existing trigger.

There were no incidences of triggers having this fault in NZ in our time as the *Remington Arms agent."