Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Rifle for NZ

The level of racism on this site both disturbs and saddens me.

I can't believe that just because a foreigner has asked for a calibre recomendation that some of you have take it upon yourselves to deliberately lead him astray and suggest that a .270 is actually a good option when we all know its nothing but a steaming pile of poo.

You should be embarrassed.

I apologize on behalf of my countrymen.
    Savage1 likes this.

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Quote Originally Posted by Proudkiwi View Post
    The level of racism on this site both disturbs and saddens me.

I can't believe that just because a foreigner has asked for a calibre recomendation that some of you have take it upon yourselves to deliberately lead him astray and suggest that a .270 is actually a good option when we all know its nothing but a steam
    Oh come on PK, you know it is the perfect calibre. Flat enough trajectory to knock the nuts off a gnat at 100 paces blindfolded. Hits like a mallet so even the biggest stay hit and is just down right sexy too look at.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

L.R
    Sexy to look at? You have to be kidding.

Banned
    Are you taking the piss mate???? what a weird comment to make, I thought i was of the chart sometimes but that comment is just retarded........and dont think for one minute you can appoligize for me or anyone else in this country.
    Bavarian_Hunter likes this.

Re: Rifle for NZ

if you are going to hunt all round nz don't fuck around just get at 7mmremmag.

Quote Originally Posted by Neckshot View Post
    Are you taking the piss mate???? what a weird comment to make, I thought i was of the chart sometimes but that comment is just retarded........and dont think for one minute you can appoligize for me or anyone else in this country.
    Ok, I apologize on behalf of all my countrymen, excluding Neckshot. He obviously thinks its okay to hate foreigners and deliberately lead them astray by recommending a .270 when we all know its a steaming pile of poo.

Appalling!

Banned
    so whats the cal he should be using wise one? im asuming you are the expert on this?
    von tempsky fan likes this.

so whats the cal he should be using wise one? im asuming you are the expert on this?
    *sigh*

Banned
    as i thought..........piss week.

L.R
    Neckshot you have obviously overlooked Proudkiwis humor on this one.

R93

Rifle for NZ

I need to see an R8 up close.
    Whats the go with a removable trigger mech?
    Are they really any better than an R93?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. So please forgive my sausage fingers!!!
    Last edited by R93; 08-12-2012 at 09:31 PM.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Banned
    possibly ,I did ask if he was taking the piss he could of said yes! if he was.I dont like the word racism used jokingly

Quote Originally Posted by Hales Smut View Post
    I am in the market for a new synthetic stocked rifle. Will be used for deerstalking in the UK and hope to use it at least once in NZ. What would be a close to perfect rifle/calibre/scope combination for NZ use ? I like light rifles ( 2.8 to 3.1 kg). Could be used for goats, boar, red, fallow, ...... I notice that you seem to shoot a lot at very long range. The browning A bolt is still available but only in 223,243,30-06 and 300 win mag. Would a 30-06 be flat shooting enough for NZ use? But there is also the T3, the Howa, ....... I still have an unused Zeiss 6x42 in my cabinet. I would like to hear your advice.
    Not talking about NZ specifically but with anywhere you go there's no right or wrong caliber or scope. The best one is the one you like the most and feel most comfortable using. Personally I have a 270 and soon to have a 300wm and my bro uses a 3006 and a 243 and every one of them does the job fine.

If I was going synthetic and I wanted a good rifle I'd hands down go a kimber Montana bloody beautiful hunting iron. Cheaper version I've heard a really high profile gun expert Here swearing that the best value for money is the marlin xs7 so I'd even consider that mate. As for scope I think a great value for money scope is the zeiss conquest. Or if you want to spend a bit more a swarovski or schmidt and bender are great although I havent had much to do with the latter. At the end of the day though if you have a gun that shoots well and can put your animals down humanely your on a winner

possibly ,I did ask if he was taking the piss he could of said yes! if he was.I dont like the word racism used jokingly
    Its a little bit painful if you have to explain it. Luckily, most were smart enough to work it out all on their own

Banned
    you had me hookd, missed it completely.so tell me the cal of choice then?I thought 270 was good due to being able to buy the rounds anywere youd think.