Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree111Likes

Thread: Rifles you wish you never sold

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    browning or miroku???
    belgian made browning

wasnt the one I bought then...and have horse traded away.....yip that belongs on this thread too....awesome bush rifle.

A bit of a story for me on this one. in 1980 when I was 15 my father bought a 1949 BRNO 22 Hornet at a farm clearing sale for me. A beautiful rifle with the hair trigger function and in pretty good nick other than a small chip off the stock near the bottom of the plate. I used the rifle for rabbits etc on school holidays, and once I went to varsity (Lincoln) it kept the flat freezer full of game meat despite being a bit under-gunned for larger animals. By the end of 1986 when I finished my degree I was offered a job in Napier and was flat broke. I had no funds at all and sold the rifle to get the money to travel north and get set up. I got $300 for it.

Pretty much from the day I sold it I regretted it. Fast forward to about 10 years ago when I decided to buy the same type of rifle to put my mistake right. It took until about 2012 before I saw the same make, year and calibre for sale and in seemingly good condition. Deal done and the rifle was on it's way from Rotorua (I paid $900 for it). I was pretty excited to open the package once I picked it up and could not believe what I saw - a chip out of the stock exactly the same as the one I sold. I asked the seller if he knew the history of the rifle and he said he'd bought it off a guy in Christchurch many years before. It seems I had bought the same rifle back.

I have since gifted the rifle to my son earlier this year when he turned 21, along with the story about it and and undertaking never to sell it. It still shoots well and remains my favourite rifle, even though I don't own it any more.

wooohooo there is hope for us all!!!!!

Back home I had a Ruger Gunsite Scout .308 Was perfect size for shooting out of vehicles, was a great pig gun with an Aimpoint on top, looked cool. And it make a great *ding* noise due to its flash hider. Gun city sell one for over $2400 So much more then its worth!

Quote Originally Posted by Chazzwazzer View Post
    Back home I had a Ruger Gunsite Scout .308 Was perfect size for shooting out of vehicles, was a great pig gun with an Aimpoint on top, looked cool. And it make a great *ding* noise due to its flash hider. Gun city sell one for over $2400 So much more then its worth!
    $2400? Screw that. I'd sell you mine but I like it.

Sent from my SM-G390Y using Tapatalk

Long list, I’m a dick at selling stuff and regretting it later. Includes ones I ‘sold’ to Cindy and Stewie.

CZ-452 in .22lr.

Dirty old Mosin Nagant.

Molot Vepr .308Win. 20 round mag dumps were awesome.
    Name:  FC1BDC75-9ACA-42CF-B826-2E40D2D38516.jpeg
Views: 382
Size:  1.12 MB

Aero/Stag A3 clone AR15. The thing was a friggen laser beam. 0.6 Moa with a non floating barrel and plastic handguard. F**k you Cindy.
    Name:  06C86907-DAA1-4D51-8E48-EDD1C21787EB.jpeg
Views: 400
Size:  1.44 MB
    Sasquatch and 40mm like this.
    Welcome to Sako club.

Bos
    Would have to be my original Sako Vixen 222 and then the Sako Finnbear in .270.
    Sold both to buy a flash clothes line, a letterbox, and some cement. Waited a long time but finally found another Vixen a couple of years back.
    Was a bit like marrying an old girlfriends twin sister
    tetawa, Dama dama, Gibo and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Chazzwazzer View Post
    Price drop...
    https://www.gunsuppliesnz.com/ruger-...-rifle-223-rem
    Chazzwazzer likes this.
    Experience. What you get just after you needed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shearer View Post
    I saw that too, but it's in .223 - and that website still advertises semi-auto centerfires, so I wonder how out of date that pricing is.

Quote Originally Posted by Bos View Post
    Would have to be my original Sako Vixen 222 and then the Sako Finnbear in .270.
    Sold both to buy a flash clothes line, a letterbox, and some cement. Waited a long time but finally found another Vixen a couple of years back.
    Was a bit like marrying an old girlfriends twin sister
    Although comparing the two opens up a few fantasy’s.
    Welcome to Sako club.

the ruger m77 308 i sold @doubleshot.... really really regret it now

Gone but not forgotten
    Quote Originally Posted by tiroahunta View Post
    A Brno ZZK 601 in .308....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thats one of the two rifles I will never sell, the other being my model 94 Trapper 30-30. I have had them for 27 and 33 years respectively and will be passed on to my nephews.
    I have never sold a rifle so no regrets. I’m looking to sell some in the near future but I’m not ready to let them go yet! Just one more trip to the range becomes Gee that’s still shooting well, might hang onto it a bit longer....
    40mm likes this.

Merkel Helix in 9.3x62
    Attached Images Attached Images  

@northdude thanks for putting this post up.

I can honestly say there are no rifles i regret ever selling.
    One shotgun i wish i still had. But not heartbreaking.

But this thread has made me think a lot about the things you buy once, buy wisely and sure the sticker cost hurts but in the long run you have a decent rifle for a lifetime

I have a few of those