Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree111Likes

Thread: Rifles you wish you never sold

sneakywaza I got
    Quote Originally Posted by 7.62 View Post
    Ouch. At least there’s still some nice vixens around, but a mint forrester in 243 is rocking horse shit...
    I know where one can be found, if you are looking, very fine rifle they are, bought one for my boy about 20yrs ago, his first big game centerfire.

sneakywaza I got
    About 10 yrs ago, give or take, I sold my wood blued 300 Weatherby to a bloke from Leeston/Springston way. Had had a particularly bad crash racing and though I'd never carry a heavy hitter again, Stock had been shaved and refinished after a fall down a bluff system and it had come out really nice. Still regret selling it. Killed two Tahr with one bullet with it, never kept the number of the guy I sold it too.

northdude
    Quote Originally Posted by MSL View Post
    nice

Quote Originally Posted by 257weatherby View Post
    I know where one can be found, if you are looking, very fine rifle they are, bought one for my boy about 20yrs ago, his first big game centerfire.
    Tempting. But unfortunately it would likely become a safe queen under my ownership. I’ve already got a stainless 85 in 243. Certainly doesn’t have the character of a forrester but more practical

Sako forester in 270, but i traded it for a zkk fox .222, i sold that to fund a bsa cf2 308,and its sort of downhill from there.
    Shearer likes this.

brno 22e heavily modified, sold it to buy a reminton POS, if I found it I would buy it back in second
    Shearer likes this.

Banned
    I just talked for over an hour to what is undoubtedly one of New Zealands great wizards of shooting. Really, this old fella has been shooting long range before I was born. Unfortunately that means he fully appreciates my old rifle to the point he built two more like it.

I will find out in a week if he will sell it.

Tikka M590 LH .223
    Sold it on here a few years ago after buying my first AR and thinking I'd never need a bolt action .223 again
    funny how things change...
    Name:  sept 15 421.jpg
Views: 344
Size:  1.00 MB

My father traded his bsa majestic feather weight in 308 for a rem 700 blued in 223 and a thousand rounds
    Still have the 223but would love to track down that rifle again

It was heavy as an unloved woman and the trajectory looked so much like a rainbow that I expected it to have a coming out party but goddam I miss my DeLisle carbine

One day when I'm feeling flush with money I might get a gunsmith to make a takedown version

That thing was so quiet that it wouldn't even trigger my electronic earmuffs at the range
    canross likes this.

A really nice Winchester 94/22 classic.😢

Gone but not forgotten
    Quote Originally Posted by Growlybear View Post
    A really nice Winchester 94/22 classic.��
    That would be on my list for a “Rifles I wish I’d bought” thread

I had two. In the early 90s I got my first centrefire, a slightly second hand Ruger M77 in 308. Sold it a couple years later as I was not doing much hunting and wanted to buy a house (married and all) Sold it to my Brother who used it for the next 25 years. Lucky for me that when he decided to downscale his selection (he got a new rifle) he sold it back to me.

The other is a Husqvarna 6.5x55 in a sporterised stock. One of the ones GC imported also early 90s. Went to a GC sale and it was sitting there for $225 down from $450 with a 4x40 Tasco. A weeks wages at the time but how could I say "no". Got it. Went around to Ballingers for a peek and they had a deal on a 3-9x40 Tasco for $199 and get a free pair of Binos. Then the two guys who were with me made some interesting comments; One was looking at the same set of Binos ($85) and the other asked me about how much for a similar scope to what I had on the Husky. (4x40) for a recently acquired 303. I sold the 4x40 to him for $80 (he offered) and the other mate decided to get the binos so I offered him a price of $75 which he decided was fantastic and I got the $199 deal.

The rifle cost me a total of $270 with the new scope.....Sold it a year or so back to a mate who has been begging me for it since he used it about 10 years ago. I was never ever going to sell it. It is a dream to shoot, and shoots very well. But I did as I wanted something else and he made the solemn promise to offer it back to me first if he ever wants to sell it.

There have been others (ruger 96, Baikal sxs, and and a few more) but if I was offered them again now, I have learnt that I dont need them and that here were desires and not needs....and would likely not buy them again. But that does not stop me missing them.

Banned
    Ha, we all used the tascos in the early 90s. A Redfield if you were flash. Leupold etc was 'out of this world'
    erniec and norsk like this.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mikee View Post
    brno 22e heavily modified, sold it to buy a reminton POS, if I found it I would buy it back in second
    What was the remington POS model?