Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Exclamation Rossi Wizard 223

Recently purchased the above new as a "soft" introductory rifle option for a youth wanabe shooter.
    Found that it had a misfire rate on factory bought 55gr lead tips of 1 round in 4.
    They all fired eventually but on inspection of the primers found that the firing pin impacted off centre, almost on the primer edge and some primers were blown. The pin alignment is OK as the pin marks were the same on all the rounds fired.
    If the barrel was a LR.22 rim fire the pin mark would be perfect..
    My question is does anyone know if there are there different receiver frames for the wizard, as in rimfire and centre fire??

if its brand new I would take it back to the shop it shouldn't be doing it out of the box

Agee with scoped. Take the thing back should not be doing that. I would be pretty pissed. TRADE IT IN ON APEX SCOUT SINGLE SHOT, BETTER RIFLE BY FAR.

Take it back.

Sent from my GT-S5360T using Tapatalk 2
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Yeah it will be going home to Gun City, an yeah I'm pissed. But I was curious that perhaps there were different frames for different cartridge builds. Like there is a big difference between rim and center fire especially on small rifle primers, probably would be OK on large rifle primers.. I can't see how one size fits all. The concept of the rifle is pretty good. Break open = safe. Single shot= care and accuracy. Barrel choice= grows with the shooter. One small tiny problem the bloody thing fails to fire.

should be fit for purpose by law so if it doesn't fire its not fit for purpose and needs to be replaced or repaired under the consumer guarantees act

good luck freighting it back to gun city - I had to send something back, and no courier company would take it.....in the end they had to organize pick up from their end. Yet this stuff all arrives NZ post no worries...

You are dead right Rambler. What the hell is the matter with people these days. I swear most plebs think that firearms have a mind of their own and will try to kill indiscriminately any moving object in sight. Don't these average dickheads realize that a firearm is less dangerous that their car.

no, no, a package containing bits of wood and steel are likely to shoot everyone in the mail sorting room - all by themselves. Bunch of morons alright. If only they realized they're often carting live rounds without knowing it

Use fast way couriers have never had a problem with them
    As for the rifle I have herd a few bad story's about them

Not in Thames. They went white and fainted after screaming NO,No Gun City... it must be a buggered gun it's far to dangerous!!!!!!!!!