Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Sauer 100

Sauer 100

So had a fondle of the new 100 model this morning quite horns for $1300 all metal buts where they should be 5 stack flush fit mag on the 7mm mag I was holding best factory trigger I've ever felt slick as fuck action and here's the kicker...... barrel guaranteed for 10,000 rounds in 7mm magnum!!! bye bye Tikka..

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Canterbury, home of the big Rakaia Red Stag
    You mean this puppy
    http://www.sauer.de/en/products/bolt.../features.html

Nice in wood too.

Pity they are beech and not walnut, nevertheless they look very good for the money.
    "Here's the deal I'm the best there is. Plain and simple. I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence."

Not made in stainless, so waste of time if your an importer trying to make serious in-roads into the Tikka market.
    Steve123 likes this.

I a a

Quote Originally Posted by FRST View Post
    Not made in stainless, so waste of time if your an importer trying to make serious in-roads into the Tikka market.
    No I don't think so. I am still using a blued 1974 Brno Fox. That still looks good and has no rust. Blued is fine. Just look after it. Any serious hunter/shooter should realise that. I have a stainless rifle and I clean it the same amount as I do with the old Blue rifles. So no real advantage really.

I've seen the reports of these for a while now and have been waiting impatiently. I looked at one the other day and I thought very nice!! It was a bit heavier than a tikka, that will be the only reason to not buy one in my mind. Other than that it's an awesome looking/feeling rifle. Tikka?? Whats that??
    CreepingDeath, ZG47 and WallyR like this.

Yeah I agree with some of your sentiments, but most people don't think like you Kudu. So if your an importer your rifle better trump the Tikka in every way if you want to sell plenty. I'll eat humble pie in 4-5 years if it displaces the Tikka but I seriously doubt i'll have to get my napkin and spoon out...

Quote Originally Posted by Kudu View Post
    No I don't think so. I am still using a blued 1974 Brno Fox. That still looks good and has no rust. Blued is fine. Just look after it. Any serious hunter/shooter should realise that. I have a stainless rifle and I clean it the same amount as I do with the old Blue rifles. So no real advantage really.

I've seen the reports of these for a while now and have been waiting impatiently. I looked at one the other day and I thought very nice!! It was a bit heavier than a tikka, that will be the only reason to not buy one in my mind. Other than that it's an awesome looking/feeling rifle. Tikka?? Whats that??
    Shearer likes this.

Was in at Rusty Dog, Pukekohe, last night snooping around. Had a look at the 100 and the 101. I was impressed!
    I have 2 Tikka's, and I have to say that for the money, I would be seriously considering the 100 over another T3. I like the double stack mag, superb trigger as supplied, slick and ergonomic stock. Seemed to have a bit more 'character' than the T3. Picked up the 101 with a very sexy piece of dark walnut on it - OMG! The wood stocked 101 felt noticeably lighter than the 100 with synthetic stock??

Making me reconsider my custom build in 6.5CM .........
    .22-250 everything likes this.

[QUOTE=hotbarrels;619510]Was in at Rusty Dog, Pukekohe, last night snooping around. Had a look at the 100 and the 101. I was impressed!
    I have 2 Tikka's, and I have to say that for the money, I would be seriously considering the 100 over another T3. I like the double stack mag, superb trigger as supplied, slick and ergonomic stock. Seemed to have a bit more 'character' than the T3. Picked up the 101 with a very sexy piece of dark walnut on it
    What calibre did he have? Been waiting patiently for an 8x57 to turn up as they do list them as an available calibre .......might have to go up have a fondle and order one.

Not sure what they had in stock as I was only considering the 6.5CM. The 101 was in 308. Give David a call, the new owner. He is planning to really support the brand due to the fact that he personally likes what they offer. If a 8x57 is obtainable, he will get it for you.

New owner?......I will head up there maybe in a couple of weeks then......

Caretaker - Gone But Not Forgotten jakewire's Avatar
    The 101 has a pressed barrel that can't be changed and more expensive
    the 100 has a screw in barrel that can be changed and is cheaper, have I got this correct?
    Duck Gunner likes this.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

If it goes Boom; I'm there faregame's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cartman View Post
    So had a fondle of the new 100 model this morning quite horns for $1300 all metal buts where they should be 5 stack flush fit mag on the 7mm mag I was holding best factory trigger I've ever felt slick as fuck action and here's the kicker...... barrel guaranteed for 10,000 rounds in 7mm magnum!!! bye bye Tikka..

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    10,000 rounds - really - is that printed somewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by jakewire View Post
    The 101 has a pressed barrel that can't be changed and more expensive
    the 100 has a screw in barrel that can be changed and is cheaper, have I got this correct?
    Yes. That is right. There is also a slightly different safety and stock coating.

The only reason I have not brought one is they are a bit heavier than I'd like.

Was back in Rusty dog on Friday picking up a new trigger and some projectiles that had been ordered in for me. Them's people are MESSING WITH MY HEAD! They just go a new Sauer 100 in with walnut stock ........ in 6.5 Creedmoor
    gadgetman and Shearer like this.