Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree75Likes

Thread: savage axis, what a complete POS!

Quote Originally Posted by mikee View Post
    And not everyone has a "Savage" unlike Tikkas
    Also, how many post re lost Tikka bolts V any other make /
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

Quote Originally Posted by Pengy View Post
    Also, how many post re lost Tikka bolts V any other make /
    Ya just about need to be a contortionist to get a Savage bolt out, and about zero chance of snagging the tang safety on scrub.
    mikee likes this.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

northdude
    there will always be people out there that hate stuff thats not really that bad i use to not like tikkas much only real reason was they are so common then when i decided to splash out and finally get myself a left handed rifle tikka was the only rifle made in the cal i wanted so i begrudingly bought one and put a game reaper mount on it and after actually owning one not just having a couple of shots out of one i can say its a nice rifle unlike people that judge and have never even owned one in real life. i own a 10/22 in real life now that is a real piece of shit inaccurate fukn thing it now sits in the back of the safe
    Pixie Z and takbok like this.

Now days, tikkas are the standard to which you measure other rifles, up or down.

Quote Originally Posted by northdude View Post
    there will always be people out there that hate stuff thats not really that bad i use to not like tikkas much only real reason was they are so common then when i decided to splash out and finally get myself a left handed rifle tikka was the only rifle made in the cal i wanted so i begrudingly bought one and put a game reaper mount on it and after actually owning one not just having a couple of shots out of one i can say its a nice rifle unlike people that judge and have never even owned one in real life. i own a 10/22 in real life now that is a real piece of shit inaccurate fukn thing it now sits in the back of the safe

I never said they were shit, just common and life's too short to be "common"
    gadgetman, madmaori and Steve123 like this.
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Howa.
    nuff said
    mikee and Steve123 like this.

northdude
    Sometimes common is good I'd rather use common proven stuff than some odd ball orphan piece of crap as far as cars and guns go anyway

there will always be people out there that hate stuff thats not really that bad i use to not like tikkas much only real reason was they are so common then when i decided to splash out and finally get myself a left handed rifle tikka was the only rifle made in the cal i wanted so i begrudingly bought one and put a game reaper mount on it and after actually owning one not just having a couple of shots out of one i can say its a nice rifle unlike people that judge and have never even owned one in real life. i own a 10/22 in real life now that is a real piece of shit inaccurate fukn thing it now sits in the back of the safe.

I have one of those.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve123 View Post
    there will always be people out there that hate stuff thats not really that bad i use to not like tikkas much only real reason was they are so common then when i decided to splash out and finally get myself a left handed rifle tikka was the only rifle made in the cal i wanted so i begrudingly bought one and put a game reaper mount on it and after actually owning one not just having a couple of shots out of one i can say its a nice rifle unlike people that judge and have never even owned one in real life.
    I have one of those.
    I prefer M700s myself but if a Tikka came along at the right price (as opposed to the "Tardme second hand ones that cost more than new ones") the I would buy one.
    As for this
    i own a 10/22 in real life now that is a real piece of shit inaccurate fukn thing it now sits in the back of the safe.
    I have a Remington M587 POS which I brought, sighted in with a flash Simmons 3-9 scope, and then got pissed off with the shit mags jamming constantly and sat there ever since (been there maybe 12 years now) fired less than 4 boxes of ammo. Local Hamills at the time replace the mag and not much better. Remington Agents were less than helpful too DONT BUY ONE they are badly let down by their Mags
    northdude and 57jl like this.
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

northdude
    you mean a 597 I had one of those mags are shit if you put more than 7-8 in them but side by side I found it better than the 10/22

you mean a 597 I had one of those mags are shit if you put more than 7-8 in them but side by side I found it better than the 10/22
    I like it better than a 10/22 in everyway if only it would actually work. 2-3 shots then Jam. I'll be fucked if I am spending any more $$ on it. Should have been sorted Under warrenty but everyone just ran away

Ever since I got my JW15 the 10/22 has been in the safe.
    You shouldn't have to blow over a grand in aftermarket parts for something to work propperly

Sent from my SM-G388F using Tapatalk
    veitnamcam, mikee and misha2001 like this.

northdude
    I like it better than a 10/22 in everyway if only it would actually work. 2-3 shots then Jam. I'll be fucked if I am spending any more $$ on it. Should have been sorted Under warrenty but everyone just ran away
    What's it doing stove piping all the time

What's it doing stove piping all the time
    Nah I fixed that but the mags were pooze. Failures to feed.
    I don't see why I shoul dhave had to buy now mags when the gun was brand new and ended in stalemate

northdude
    That sucks the best semi 22 I ever had was a shitty old stirling never missed a beat and was accurate with whatever ammo you fed it one of those ones you should of kept