Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree75Likes

Thread: savage axis, what a complete POS!

Quote Originally Posted by northdude View Post
    That sucks the best semi 22 I ever had was a shitty old stirling never missed a beat and was accurate with whatever ammo you fed it one of those ones you should of kept
    The only thing useful about the 10/22 is that it looks like the mini 30. I should really look at selling the ones I don't use but keep procrastinating.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve123 View Post
    I should really look at selling the ones I don't use but keep procrastinating.
    I know the feeling! The Ruger 308 in my safe must be starting to realise I prefer the Savage beside it.
    Steve123 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by GravelBen View Post
    I know the feeling! The Ruger 308 in my safe must be starting to realise I prefer the Savage beside it.
    I like my Ruger 308 scout. I think the Spanish Mauser is sulking though and the SKS's are lonely now the mini thirty is there. Problem is I can't be arsed selling privately mainly due to security and a shop will give me sweet $#@/ all for them.

Sent from my SM-G388F using Tapatalk

A Better Lover Than A Shooter Ultimitsu's Avatar
    Interesting topic.

Re Axis and Savage - Someone else early on in the thread said it pretty well. Savage offer a large range of rifles, from low end to mid-high end. Savage mid-high end stuff are very good, comparable to true high end brands in accuracy and all but half the price. Savage's accu-trigger is the first of its kind in mass production rifles. the accu-stock is also pretty good for mass produced rifles with plastic stock. for their mid level rifles they do btton rifling and guarantee 1 MOA. Of course, they do make cheaper low end stuff to compete with Brazilian, Russian, Turkish and Chinese low end stuff. How can they be blamed? Luckily no one is forced to buy them. If you want better quality stuff. spend 1399 you get decent rifles like this:

Savage 16FLSS 7MM08 Left Ss-syn Accutrigger - click, herenote, mail, order, permit, approved, ... - Serious Shooters

Re 10/22 and Marlin - I think there is nothing mythical about the difference between them. Ruger wants to make the most tolerable semi 22LR, it succeeded. factory 10/22 will shoot any 22LR ammo and will hardly ever jam. if you want a gun that will always shoot, but do not need surgical accuracy or sub-10 pound trigger, 10/22 is your gun. Marlin on the other hand makes their chamber tighter which in turn produces tighter groups out of factory, but also way more likelihood of jamming and misfire with rougher ammo.

To make a factory 10/22 accurate, you do not need to spend 1 grand. you only need a 400 dollar whistle pig barrel. Better trigger gets expensive however.
    veitnamcam likes this.

Some good bugger posted a link to a runout on mossberg here a while ago.

My mate got one as I passed on the link.....mgiht have been 200? 300? bucks scoped with a bag and maybe a cleaning kit as well, astounding value

No it wasnt a S&B scope of course and we replaced it with a second hand vx3 off here but it shot around 1-1.5 inch with the only brand and weight of ammo tried on the shooters first go at a range ever.

He shot a deer in the neck at around 15 yards the next weekend with it.

Nobody NEEDS a Sako its just something Blaser owners aspire to.
    7mmsaum, mikee, BRADS and 2 others like this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

@veitnamcam I read this the other day

A few years back Blasers marketing department decided to focus on gay hunters, it was a master stroke and has paid big dividends for the brand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    7mmsaum, veitnamcam and mikee like this.

Quote Originally Posted by BRADS View Post
    @veitnamcam I read this the other day

A few years back Blasers marketing department decided to focus on gay hunters, it was a master stroke and has paid big dividends for the brand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Jaysuss I just read this and now my beer has to be wiped off my laptop screen. But in hindsight I guess that marketing strategy worked eh
    BRADS likes this.
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.