Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Scope bubbles

People are able to shoot well without bubbles as your vesticular sense has better resolution than a scope bubble.
    Typical numbers are less than 0.4 degrees vs less than 1.0 degree.

If your vestigular sense has worse resolution than a scope bubble, you should see a doctor (no joke!).
    However, there's nothing wrong with scope bubbles and if it gives you peace of mind please do.

BUT by measuring whit a digital gauge I have found that I can return to position approximately 0,1-0,3 degrees accuracy depending.

Question: If you have to lift head or take eyes away from your sight picture... How is sightpicture possibly maintained level in comparison to the bubble you are checking? Let that one mull around over morning coffee (which I now have all over my face from reading another post )

Last edited by Norway; 04-09-2014 at 07:13 PM.
    BRADS, Gibo and PERRISCICABA like this.

At ELR it appears cant is pretty important in good/great shooting conditions especially if you & the rifle system are capable of sub half moa

At "normal" ranges it doesn't seem to matter that much.

Ejected
    I think the biggest issue leading to cant is optical illusions when shooting things like square gongs that are mounted on the piss, or lines leading to naturally tilt your head despite what your ears might be saying.
    BRADS likes this.

Link
    Its not usually when shooting from a flat firing position when this is an issue for me personally. However I would impressed if someone could level their rifle consistently within 1 degree when shooting from a highly uneven piece of ground with some uphill/downhill thrown into the mix

I found this interesting but a bit excesive. Still wont be going there at this stage as my eyecrometre is doing a good job so far
    The effects of side to side cant - field test/pics
    Looseunit likes this.