Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: sks improvements

res
    I have tech sights on a another rifle (10/22) and find them very good-if there sks version is as good then it,along with a longer stock,are one of the few upgrades that I would consider.

I think the Russians decided the best way to improve the sks was to issue the ak
    steven and Steve123 like this.
    Using Tapatalk

northdude
    yep the sks was a fill the gap rifle until the ak came along if you havnt read it the klashnakov book is a good read the stock and the tech sight is the only things ill do at this stage ive done the trigger this afternoon I reduced the creep and smoothed it out it feels way better but still a bit heavy so maybe a spring kit as well

northdude
    ive got some tech sights on the sks and all the credit for that goes to stumpy for making it happen for me this member is an awesome guy thanks stumpy im now after suggestions for a stock that will suit open sights being used a few people say the monte carlo ones are a bit high so im wondering what would be good to use the standard one is to short and my hand always hits me in the face when I fire it

Have a look at the butler creek stocks love mine

northdude
    Can you get them in nz

northdude
    Name:  sks tech sight.jpg
Views: 334
Size:  7.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by northdude View Post
    after thinking about an ar I had another thought why don't I just make do with what ive got so Im wanting to know if any one has built an accurate sks I like 7.62x39 my thoughts are to do a trigger job and a monte carlo stock but I will go to gun city and have a feel of both kinds of stock available for them im not expecting target rifle accuracy and im not trying to make it into a ak lookalike either iv read on some overseas forums that people are getting under moa all day long which I find really hard to believe as well mine currently shoots approx 4moa at the moment which is probably pretty good anyway but I like the challenge of trying to see if an average shooting rifle can be made better and it still will be quite a cheap rifle when its finished cheers
    How is your project coming along. What group size are you getting now.

northdude
    I've been thinking about this project I've got the sights on it then my g22 started giving me problems so I've had to get that going so I can use it at the club I'll get back onto this one again soon hopefully

You can get a Norinco "ak47" for $1080 now? so I'd wonder if spending much on an sks was worth it myself.

NHM-90 7 shot 7.62x39 semi-auto 2014 model | Trade Me

rather tempted.

or save on tm costs,

NHM-90 (AK-47)
    Last edited by steven; 06-05-2015 at 03:29 PM.
    "I do not wish to be a pawn or canon fodder on the whims of MY Government"

northdude
    Yea might be a good price but they look pretty ugly to me wonder if its considerably more accurate than a SKS

Quote Originally Posted by northdude View Post
    Yea might be a good price but they look pretty ugly to me wonder if its considerably more accurate than a SKS
    They are pretty spot on rifles, I fired a couple of the nhms... I know a dude near me thats selling them for $999 delivered, includes cleaning kit, oil bottle, sling, manual and 2 mags, 1 steel 1 polymer.
    Shoot guns, Not heroin!

northdude
    went out on the weekend and tried 2 skss side by side one with the drag stock and one with the monte stock I preferred the monte so bought one ive started fitting it up but I need to take a bit out of the back of the stock the tech sight wont let the back of the receiver fit down far enough into the rear of the stock no biggie feels way better than the original stock then ill get some ammo for it from memory it shot the best with barnul ammo when I initialy tested it
    stretch likes this.

northdude
    ok so ive finally had a play with the sks i got sidetracked with other stuff i was using tul ammo and off a shitty rest managed moa4 hopefully get some time over the holidays for a better try