Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Slipping scope

Hi Gundoc. Thanks for the advice. I have searched for Weaver rails, and there are plenty around along withe the appropriate rings. Looking at the rails, they all seem to have one mounting hole each end. The rail set up on mine has 2 side by side at the rear, which I guess would mean either a) drilling the rail to suit, or drilling the rifle to suit. I dont really want to do b), as the rifle looks like its had its share of gunsmithing done on it already, and I am not convinced there is enough meat on the loopover left to drill a third hole.

Interestingly, when I went to the local gunshop, I found another MKIII LE with the exact same rail as mine on it. I ratted around in the workshop and came up with a couple of short Weaver mounts which I will try to attach to the existing rail, along with some steel Weaver rings. So guess what I am doing tomorrow??

Cheers

Hi guys. Found a beaut rail on trade me - Enfield .303 Scope Mount | Trade Me. Easy to fit. I had to drill one mount hole in the rail as the front of the receiver block on my 303 had been ground out a mm or so ( dunno why) . Otherwise it fitted neatly and feels firm. Remounted the scope, and looks good. Now I just have to find a place in Welly area where I can let loose a few rounds of unsilenced mayhem to sIght the darn thing in again.