Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Smle mk4 barrel

Smle mk4 barrel

Does anybody know the dimensions of the standard mk4, no2 barrel for lee Enfield. I’m getting a new barrel made for my smle 7.62 Conv, because the barrel it currently has is too short for the standard full wood stock That I want to put back on it. Main measurement I need is diameter and overall length and measurements for front sight mounts to give to the machinist. When I figure out how to post pictures I will throw them up on the home build part of forum. Trying to turn my sported/butchered lee Enfield back to how it should look. Thanks In advance for any help.

I got a barreled action you can borrow and get measurements from? Otherwise if you want to sell the 7.62 no4 I'd be keen

Mate if you had asked my before the lockdown I would have sold it, but For now I will tidy it up and then hang it on my wall. If I don’t find the measurements I need I might borrow your action for to use for Dimension references. Thanks for the offer. I will keep you in mind if I do move the lee enfield on tho.

Is it an smle length barrel or a no4 barrel that your after.

No4 barrel length, overall and measurements of Where front sight Mounts and where the bayonet lugs locate. My barrel has been cut quite far back for some reason. Sorry about the smle part, it’s a No4.

Quote Originally Posted by jamie View Post
    No4 barrel length, overall and measurements of Where front sight Mounts and where the bayonet lugs locate. My barrel has been cut quite far back for some reason. Sorry about the smle part, it’s a No4.
    I see Steve’s wholesale are importing repro No.4 barrels in the latest Rod n Rifle. Might be another option.
    "That is ever the way of the Highlander. He alters like a clear pool to every mood of the sky, so that the shallow observer knows not how deep the waters are."

Is he the good bugger from nz repeating arms? I asked him but his are criterion 303 barrels, but he said he's trying to source 7.62 Lee Enfield barrels. But I will get latest rod and rifle and have a look and give them a ring. Thanks for the heads up

Quote Originally Posted by jamie View Post
    Is he the good bugger from nz repeating arms? I asked him but his are criterion 303 barrels, but he said he's trying to source 7.62 Lee Enfield barrels. But I will get latest rod and rifle and have a look and give them a ring. Thanks for the heads up
    They will be criterion barrels as Steve's wholsale took on the agency from NZ Repeating Arms. Think they have a shipment due in November.

Got a couple of criterion here waiting to be fitted that I can get measurements off.

PM your email and I'll send through some measurements/pics.

Sweet as nzshoota, I send a pm thru now