Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: something a little drifrent (air rifle reveiw)

Quote Originally Posted by rambo-6mmrem View Post
    @slideshow i wonder what makes you say that i have trigger pull issues the groups are off center coz i hadnt finished zeroing the scope and i was zeroing at the time which is why they are in slightly drifent spots every time did you see this one just noticed it wasnt in the 1st postAttachment 41316 dont see any issues with that apart fromm being off center sept fot the last one which had no aiming point so i used the 1st shot as an aiming point

im honestly intrested what you have to say as if i do have an issue with anything id like to fix it
    Yep no worrys I was only going off of the first pics.
    Was not trying to troll you, as I really appreciate the test review that you have taken the time to write up.
    Once you find the sweet spot and right pelts that thing will kill most rodents within range.

No worries dude i know you didnt mean anything bad infact i like pepole to point that stuff out which is why i asked for more info on your opinon Thorght you might of been going off the shit group with the plastic/brass pellets once i noticed that photo hadn't uploaded but im very happy with how its shooting both the gamo pba and the h&n crow magnums at 15 yards 25 yards next week

VC said:

Yea its a 54 (i think) the "recoiless" isolates the action from the stock in a sliding fashon so I imagin it would be even harder on scopes as the action is not damped by the weight of the stock and shoulder.

--------

Correct. They can easily murder scopes

done some testing with cheep gamos at 15 yards not the best but ok practice ammo 5 shot groups
    Name:  20151014_163544.jpg
Views: 710
Size:  278.5 KB
    will be setting up 25m tomorrow or Friday hopefully

@Timmay heres some 25m groups there is a couple of good ones but the wind is still up like 25-30k gusting and Ive run out of good pellets for now so could be better a lot better
    Name:  20151015_130404.jpg
Views: 671
Size:  199.8 KB

Ejected
    I have done a bit to my air rifles which is worth posting on a seperate thread at some point. I have avoided the scope eating thing but just sticking to pump up and co2 cartridge air rifles - no springs for me.

I brought this off trade me:
    CrosMan 2250 - .22 Air Rifle | Trade Me

It was a bit of an impluse buy but I mainly wanted it for the barrel which I intend to swap over to my 2289 (pump up version of the same gun).

I pulled both apart and put the metal breach and threadded barrel from the 2289 on the 2240b so I could play with it. I have dropped the 2240b barrel off to gunworks to get the sleeving and threading treatment.

I have taken the 2240b out for a hunt and it's a mixed bag. Not having to pump between shots is great and makes follow up shots easier. The 2240b also has a metal barrel band with a set screw so holds the barrel more firmly.

The cons of the 2240b are that the stock foreend is shorter and skinnier which makes it less comfortable to hold than the 2289. The big con is once the gas gets a bit low your shots start hitting low.

I spend a bit of time tiding up the 2240b barrel before dropping it off to gunworks. Redid the crown and then polished the chamber. I still have to rework the trigger on the 2240b as it's far worse than the one on the 2289 which I have already polished.

Great review mate - some of the Gamo's performed right up there with some of the best accuracy a springer can put out. Especially an underlever like a CFX with a theoben gas piston installed. Nothing out there as accurate though as the diana '54 except perhaps the new 56th in .22 using 21gn h&n pellets. Yes they murder scopes, especially non fixed, even Hawkes. Been there and done that. Leapers don't make the 8-32x56 that I used to have on it but it survived. Not much clarity but it will do the job out to 100m