Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: Spotlight

Quote Originally Posted by northdude View Post
    no worries just wondering what youd shoot with a 7mm rem mag at night time i dont have a problem with spotlighting obiuosly on private land we used to do it a lot in australia
    I just used that as a "worst case scenario" as far as danger area behind target from the selection I have programmed into my phone, something with a bit of oomph. I mainly use 223 or sometimes 243 which have a much greater drop within illumination range.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

northdude
    i was thinking a 7mm rem mag was a bit extreme for rabbits i use my 22 hornet for longer shots on possums on the ground or rabbits

Ejected
    Quote Originally Posted by Moa Hunter View Post
    That was a surprising response. But... then if a person shoots all their game behind wire deer fencing - which is obviously what 'Wirehunt' means, I suppose that same person can just fill the sky with lead no matter how far away they are and hope - like they are not going anywhere
    Assumptions are great things. Wirehunt was the kennel name for shock horror; german wirehaired pointers when I was breeding or at least thinking about it.
    As for this back drop bullshit, if you are so green as to not do the forward planning and know where shit is on a block then you shouldn't fucking be there. But then in my line of work i think about it a hell of a lot.more than most.....
    ariki likes this.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Wirehunt View Post
    Assumptions are great things. Wirehunt was the kennel name for shock horror; german wirehaired pointers when I was breeding or at least thinking about it.
    As for this back drop bullshit, if you are so green as to not do the forward planning and know where shit is on a block then you shouldn't fucking be there. But then in my line of work i think about it a hell of a lot.more than most.....
    So you are a criminal then ?? Regardless of your 'line of work' and it is pretty obviously not with the diplomatic services, what did you hope to achieve by having an abusive crack at Sarvo for stating his opinion that 200 is far enough at night ??. P.S. I think about breeding quite a bit myself too, but with your bad temper maybe you should just leave it at the thinking stage...

mudgripz disagreed with my post, but did it in a direct and totally non offensive way and offered me the opportunity to compare torches . If I am proven wrong and learn something I gain and that is what I believe most people are here for - to learn and gain from exchanging knowledge, not telling someone to FO.
    Last edited by Moa Hunter; 19-07-2019 at 11:49 PM.
    Danny likes this.

Ejected
    Are you his bitch?

My 15 year old daughter was whacking rabbits out past 200 two nights ago up Gibbston Valley. But I spouse you'd expect that when her old mans a rabbiter.

Presumptuous dicks.

Banned
    Are you his bitch?

My 15 year old daughter was whacking rabbits out past 200 two nights ago up Gibbston Valley. But I spouse you'd expect that when her old mans a rabbiter.

Presumptuous dicks.
    And there we have it, further proof of what happens when generations of people sleep with their own sisters... uncontrolled bad temper

Fuck off.

You don't, fine, some of us have a skill set so dont blanket statement.
    That is why it is dangerous to use the XPRO on big stags @ 200m. 210m is ok though. Very dead.LOL.
    Wirehunt and gadgetman like this.

Quote Originally Posted by TeRei View Post
    That is why it is dangerous to use the XPRO on big stags @ 200m. 210m is ok though. Very dead.LOL.
    200m would just about be too up-close-and-personal on full noise.
    Wirehunt and mudgripz like this.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

My son and I had been hunting hard trying to pick up a beast from late avo well into dark.It meant a cruel drag up the gorge and then an hour continually rising to the truck.It was thick near the lip of the gorge. We broke out and paused. Crash over to the left and up. No 2x or Xpro because they were at home. Woteva. Put the headlamp on full beam ,swung it up to the noise hissing at my son to get ready. Neon golfballs. Bang. Nothing. Bugger. Sure you hit it. Clamber up thru the scrub. OMG. Fatty. That was 9.45pm . 2 hours later collapsed at the Hilux absolutely r..ted. Beware the fruits of your Maxi head lamp.Quality gear.So reliable.
    Wirehunt, gadgetman and Micky Duck like this.

You shot that with a little HO1R??? Wow!!!

Leo - will send up a new LR headlamp to test and review too when it gets here soon..

Ejected
    Quote Originally Posted by Moa Hunter View Post
    So you are a criminal then ?? Regardless of your 'line of work' and it is pretty obviously not with the diplomatic services, what did you hope to achieve by having an abusive crack at Sarvo for stating his opinion that 200 is far enough at night ??. P.S. I think about breeding quite a bit myself too, but with your bad temper maybe you should just leave it at the thinking stage...

mudgripz disagreed with my post, but did it in a direct and totally non offensive way and offered me the opportunity to compare torches . If I am proven wrong and learn something I gain and that is what I believe most people are here for - to learn and gain from exchanging knowledge, not telling someone to FO.
    Let me see:
    One fuckwit said 200 is as far as anyone should shoot
    Next fuckwit told me I shoot behind the wire
    Another fuckwit said inbreeding

Get a fucking grip. I'm being told I'm a cunt yet who is it shit talking? A bunch of fucking part time warriors that frankly, fuck it, not worth the effort. I've had suits harder than you powder puffs
    ariki likes this.

Let me see:
    One fuckwit said 200 is as far as anyone should shoot
    Next fuckwit told me I shoot behind the wire
    Another fuckwit said inbreeding

Get a fucking grip. I'm being told I'm a cunt yet who is it shit talking? A bunch of fucking part time warriors that frankly, fuck it, not worth the effort. I've had suits harder than you powder puffs
    Whats up ??

Was it not you that came in with an outright "F-off" over our points/views ??
    I will stick to what I said - thats for sure
    I also imagine I have used a Spot light a lot more than you - but like your loacation - you age is not shown but I imagine its falls into the "Millennial" timeframe/era

Quote Originally Posted by Sarvo View Post
    I also imagine I have used a Spot light a lot more than you - but like your loacation - you age is not shown but I imagine its falls into the "Millennial" timeframe/era
    I will bite my tongue a little here and just say this - a list of people on this forum who would have spent even remotely near as much time behind a light as Wirehunt would be a very very short list.

Just chill. Don't make assumptions based on a handful of words.
    Wirehunt and gadgetman like this.

Quote Originally Posted by StrikerNZ View Post
    I will bite my tongue a little here and just say this - a list of people on this forum who would have spent even remotely near as much time behind a light as Wirehunt would be a very very short list.
    :-)
    So he just a grumpy old prick then

Ejected
    Yes.

Particularly when he is told he shouldn't shoot past 200 behind the wire and his kids are inbreed.