Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Which Suppressor?

Which Suppressor?

Hi there and sorry if this has been covered before but I am trying to choose a suppressor for my Rem 700 sps tactical (308 with heavy barrel)

So far im stuck deciding on the Hardy or the Hushpro CF. They seem to be very similar but the Hardy one is almost twice the price - is it worth it???
    Has anyone had the chance to compare the two and notice any major advantages to one over the other?

If there is any other options in similar size/weight I am open to suggestions.

Main reason for getting one is to help protect my dogs hearing (and my own)

You looked at gun works Spartans in duralium?

I have the orginal duralium model before the spartan come out..

The spartans are a decent price.

DPT suppressors seem good as well and about the lightest around if thats a factor.

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    +1 for the DPT. They are light, cheap and modular. My 243 wears one and it performs very well in comparison to the Dan Can or Gunworks.
    R93 likes this.
    The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice. And because we fail to notice that we fail to notice, there is little we can do to change; until we notice how failing to notice shapes our thoughts and deeds

If I had a choice again I would deffinately concider weight more. Mine is like lugging a strainer post around! MAE stainless.

R93
    I have a DPT (Really like), a Gunworks (Always reliable and good) and soon to have one of Abes Precisions new lightweight carbon ones which I seen work on a Poo 4 3 Improved (Ironic I know).

I would give Abe a buzz and have a look. Not sure if he does many but they are as good as any I have used and friggin light.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Gibo View Post
    If I had a choice again I would deffinately concider weight more. Mine is like lugging a strainer post around! MAE stainless.

I bought a stainless rifle from Guncity, they sent it threaded with a free MAE suppressor attached(someone made a whoopsie), thing weighed a tonne and barrel hadnt been shortened. Terrible looking thing.
    Last edited by savageshooter; 24-01-2014 at 12:03 PM.

I run a Gunworks Spartan on my .308 and a Maximus weasel with stainless internals on my AR couldn't recommend the Gunworks can enough they're great and the service they provide is also outstanding.

The Spartan was $300 and the Maximus was $400 can weigh them both this arvo and post the weights.

Quote Originally Posted by savageshooter View Post
    I bought a stainless rifle from Guncity, they sent it threaded with a free MAE suppressor attached(someone made a whoopsie), thing weighed a tonne and barrel hadnt been shortened. Terrible looking thing.
    Mines been shortened a bit and looks ok, not soemthing i'd take bush though.

Quote Originally Posted by Gibo View Post
    Mines been shortened a bit and looks ok, not soemthing i'd take bush though.

Just looks terrible on a long barrel. had to laugh comparing it to my gunworks duralium. At least the MAE will never break, use it to hammer in tent pegs and tenderise old stags!
    R93 and Gibo like this.

SiB
    Gunworks. Every time. Service plus!!!!
    savageshooter and EK9132 like this.

eve
    we tried them all when I was culling, gunworks was good value for money. But the best is high country sport in fairlie would not touch DPT

Quote Originally Posted by eve View Post
    would not touch DPT
    Reason?

I was going to get a spartan but saw dpt are a bit cheaper and lighter
    VIVA LA HOWA

eve
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    Reason?

I was going to get a spartan but saw dpt are a bit cheaper and lighter
    one of the boy had one, stripped the thread, took it to gunsmith and find out it was alloy not stainless like most

Iv got two dpt suppressors, two willy macrae suppressors,a gunworks one and use a wiataki can regularly of a mates

dpt is the best, light, decent sound suppression, adjustable lenght and awesome price. anyone who stripped the threads must have been very heavy handed

by the way most suppressors are alloy including my gunworks one