Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Swaro Alumina style caps

Quote Originally Posted by kokako View Post
    It might have been back in 1908, but 280ai would be a better way to go.
    Only if you are worried about keeping up with the in crowd, the deer won’t know the difference

And Brenneke is cooler than Remington

Just like the people that say the .375 Ruger is so much better than the H&H, I know which one I would buy again
    kokako, Huk and 7x64 like this.
    "Here's the deal I'm the best there is. Plain and simple. I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence."

I can recall reading about ejection issues with 85's and a recommended remedy was to use the next height up rings. Can not confirm or deny!
    As for the cap hitting your glasses because i'm still wearing a kiss from "Your" Leupy and CZ from last years Big Bore Shoot!

Quote Originally Posted by Fireflite View Post
    I can recall reading about ejection issues with 85's and a recommended remedy was to use the next height up rings. Can not confirm or deny!
    As for the cap hitting your glasses because i'm still wearing a kiss from "Your" Leupy and CZ from last years Big Bore Shoot!
    Just as well it wasn't a big gun or it might have been a little more than a kiss

To be fair that rifle has drawn a fair bit of blood.....its a little nasty.....

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Greg View Post
    .................................................. ................Anyway back to my rant, every time I fired the rifle the eyepiece cap flew around under recoil & smacked me on my glasses.....quite annoying...

Neither of them appear to lock back like those the Leupold Alumina caps, they just flop about under spring tension...have I missed something here...????
    Must have been designed by the same guy who designed the useless lens covered on their bino's I'm already on set number 2 of them and I have barely used them in anger
    kokako likes this.
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Quote Originally Posted by mikee View Post
    Must have been designed by the same guy who designed the useless lens covered on their bino's I'm already on set number 2 of them and I have barely used them in anger
    Mine get pulled open every time I pull them out of my bino bivvy, sometimes they get pulled right off, drives me bonkers. Lucky the glass is worth it
    mikee and Shane F like this.
    270 is a harmonic divisor number[1]
    270 is the fourth number that is divisible by its average integer divisor[2]
    270 is a practical number, by the second definition
    The sum of the coprime counts for the first 29 integers is 270
    270 is a sparsely totient number, the largest integer with 72 as its totient
    Given 6 elements, there are 270 square permutations[3]
    10! has 270 divisors
    270 is the smallest positive integer that has divisors ending by digits 1, 2, …, 9.

I have lens caps on my Swarovski scopes and I've never had any issue with them coming around to meet me, although I must admit I'm using a lighter calibre than you.

Have you tried putting them at different clock positions?

Not just an internet expert... The Claw's Avatar
    I have a Carbonlite in 260 which ejects fine but still has the same long throat issue. Annoys me as well so it's getting a new barrel chambered in 6.5 Creedmoor. Well, that's my current plan anyway, I have contemplated starting fresh but I do really like the action, trigger and mag set up and the stock. Mine has a crappy Leupy on it, currently without scope caps so there's no issues there at the moment...
    Dreamer and kokako like this.
    If it's not a first round hit you need to practice more

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_Songhurst View Post
    Mine get pulled open every time I pull them out of my bino bivvy, sometimes they get pulled right off, drives me bonkers. Lucky the glass is worth it
    Why even bother with the caps when using a bino bivy. I never put the one's that came with my Leica HD-B's on the bino's since I'm using a Kuiu bino bivy
    Kiwi Greg and Dreamer like this.

Quote Originally Posted by The Claw View Post
    I have a Carbonlite in 260 which ejects fine but still has the same long throat issue. Annoys me as well so it's getting a new barrel chambered in 6.5 Creedmoor. Well, that's my current plan anyway, I have contemplated starting fresh but I do really like the action, trigger and mag set up and the stock. Mine has a crappy Leupy on it, currently without scope caps so there's no issues there at the moment...
    That sounds like a great plan. Are you going 22" - 24"?

That sounds like a great plan. Are you going 22" - 24"?
    Yep, that's what I'm thinking. Might split the difference and go 23"

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    outdoorlad and kokako like this.

Quote Originally Posted by The Claw View Post
    Why even bother with the caps when using a bino bivy. I never put the one's that came with my Leica HD-B's on the bino's since I'm using a Kuiu bino bivy
    Because sometimes I take a look in the bivvy (also a kuiu) and discover leaves and sticks and all sorts of nasty little lens scratching things
    199p and 25/08IMP like this.
    270 is a harmonic divisor number[1]
    270 is the fourth number that is divisible by its average integer divisor[2]
    270 is a practical number, by the second definition
    The sum of the coprime counts for the first 29 integers is 270
    270 is a sparsely totient number, the largest integer with 72 as its totient
    Given 6 elements, there are 270 square permutations[3]
    10! has 270 divisors
    270 is the smallest positive integer that has divisors ending by digits 1, 2, …, 9.

R93
    I have one of the badlands magnetic bivvys (Not a fan as they open up from time to time) but I quite like that the caps are always removed when I pull the binos out. I want to look thru them after all.

Caps pop but stay fixed to the binos. Never had them come completely off.

And yeah I wouldn't not use caps in a bivvy as I have seen a few lenses marked by stuff in the bottom.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Well given what Swaro stuff costs I would have thought decent lens protection would not be too much of a big ask but apparrently ...................... it is
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by mikee View Post
    Well given what Swaro stuff costs I would have thought decent lens protection would not be too much of a big ask but apparrently ...................... it is
    Definitely have a point there.
    4k worth of binos and 50c worth of lens caps

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

It might have been back in 1908, but 280ai would be a better way to go.
    Almost same diff but took the yanks 100 years to catch up...
    Spudattack likes this.