Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Swaro Alumina style caps

Caretaker - Gone But Not Forgotten jakewire's Avatar
    I've read all about these ejection problems with the 85. I have 2 of them, different models, eg one Finn and one wood and haven't experienced this problem at all

Mine are the medium action but if your using the 7x64 it will be the same action as mine.
    The throat length in my 6.5x65 has never been a problem.
    weird.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Quote Originally Posted by The Claw View Post
    I have a Carbonlite in 260 which ejects fine but still has the same long throat issue. Annoys me as well so it's getting a new barrel chambered in 6.5 Creedmoor. Well, that's my current plan anyway, I have contemplated starting fresh but I do really like the action, trigger and mag set up and the stock. Mine has a crappy Leupy on it, currently without scope caps so there's no issues there at the moment...
    @The Claw Reason for picking the 6.5 Creedmoor over 6.5x47 or another 260? I’m tempted to turn mine into a 6.5SLR
    Shut up, get out & start pushing!

Not just an internet expert... The Claw's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by outdoorlad View Post
    @The Claw Reason for picking the 6.5 Creedmoor over 6.5x47 or another 260? I’m tempted to turn mine into a 6.5SLR
    I have another 6.5 Creedmoor, so that's main reason. If I still had 6.5x47L dies then it would be a little more difficult to choose... CM fits better in the short action compared with a 260, especially when I can't do anything with the mag length. If I could get a 3 inch mag then the 260 would make more sense given that I have dies and brass already.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    outdoorlad likes this.
    If it's not a first round hit you need to practice more

Quote Originally Posted by The Claw View Post
    I have another 6.5 Creedmoor, so that's main reason. If I still had 6.5x47L dies then it would be a little more difficult to choose... CM fits better in the short action compared with a 260, especially when I can't do anything with the mag length. If I could get a 3 inch mag then the 260 would make more sense given that I have dies and brass already.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    @The Claw I tried cycling some 6.5x47 rounds thru the finnlight & they didn't cycle very well so it's probably not an option
    Shut up, get out & start pushing!

Gone But Not Forgotten
    The shorter Sako 85 SM action (.308 size) doesn't have the ejection problem, at least on mine and all of the ones I've seen being used. Numerous reports on the web of some of the longer 85 actions having the case hitting the scope.

I’ve only ever struck the ejection issue myself on the xs 223 action. Never had the issue with the short or medium length actions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "O what a day, what a lovely day"

Quote Originally Posted by 10-Ring View Post
    The shorter Sako 85 SM action (.308 size) doesn't have the ejection problem, at least on mine and all of the ones I've seen being used. Numerous reports on the web of some of the longer 85 actions having the case hitting the scope.
    My “S” action 85’s all eject well.