Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Swaro x5i scopes

True.

Hey mate, x5i is a great scope, amazing glass I have been using one for the last 3 years and haven't had any issues what so ever. Dials really reliably and a great long range hunting scope. Not much compares with Swarovski glass.

Quote Originally Posted by wabaam View Post
    Hey mate, x5i is a great scope, amazing glass I have been using one for the last 3 years and haven't had any issues what so ever. Dials really reliably and a great long range hunting scope. Not much compares with Swarovski glass.
    We had 3nf next to a big tx5i and the 2 nx8s and atacr were better.
    Much to the disgust of the swaro owner.
    He sold his and bought an atacr.
    Kind of blows the swaro glass theory out the window

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    My favorite sentences i like to hear are - I suppose so. and Send It!

The glass on ATACR is some of the best I've had alongside a z6i. I was really surprised.
    Gkp likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tikka7mm08 View Post
    The glass on ATACR is some of the best I've had alongside a z6i. I was really surprised.
    No surprise for me!
    They have really stepped up on the glass game.
    The 7x35 is out the gate with the nx8 not far behind..
    In saying that it is the same glass I was told

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Gkp likes this.
    My favorite sentences i like to hear are - I suppose so. and Send It!

Well just came back from a weekend of fallow deer hunting in open country using the Swarovski 3.5-18 x 44 with the ballistic turrets. Sighting in was a breeze. Set the ranges on the turret using the ballistic calculator on the Swarovski website. Zeroed at 180m (200yds) and set the color codes to 250-350-450 metres. Only got to shoot out to 365 metres but the ballistic turrets are fantastic even in low light they are easy to adjust without being able to see the colors. At 365 2 clicks past the 350 metre setting hold dead on and nailed a spiker right where I aimed. I love this thing. opening my wallet for this really hurt but right now no regrets.
    matagouri likes this.
    ZeroPak Vacuum Sealers, Zero air Zero waste

I had a 5-25 X5, very nice scope - great glass, great reticle but by far it's worse feature is that big arsed elevation turret. So over engineered & far to complex, the sub zero feature sounds good in theory but never worked well & if you lose fancy little allen key gizmo you're fucked.
    Gkp likes this.
    Oh bless the internet, it gave every fuk tard & idiot a voice

Quote Originally Posted by Flipper View Post
    I had a 5-25 X5, very nice scope - great glass, great reticle but by far it's worse feature is that big arsed elevation turret. So over engineered & far to complex, the sub zero feature sounds good in theory but never worked well & if you lose fancy little allen key gizmo you're fucked.
    Hard case. I guess its a case of horses for courses. i have never been a fan of exposed adjustment turrets but after using the Swarovski I would have to say i'm a convert. One of the things I liked the most was the simplicity of the whole system. Going back to zero could be done blindfolded, As can be the adjustment up for the various ranges, I tried this in the dark and at worst I would be 1 click out. Never had an issue with the thing adjusting itself while carrying. Not sure what you mean about the Allen Key Gizmo. Setting the initial zero can be done with a coin to undo and remove the turret, after that no tools are needed, just fingers. I think the exposed turret is a compromise worth making, particularly if you are regularly presented with longer range shots There's nothing quite like being able to simply hold the cross hairs centre on your aiming mark, vs judging holdover or using a ballistic type reticle.

Me thinks this thread has become a little off track

Initially it was about X5 scopes, then someone got a confused & started off about Z5's, these are two very different beasts.

Z5 = simple, light weight, good hunting scope

X5 = advanced, technical LR scope
    Oh bless the internet, it gave every fuk tard & idiot a voice

Quote Originally Posted by Flipper View Post
    Me thinks this thread has become a little off track

Initially it was about X5 scopes, then someone got a confused & started off about Z5's, these are two very different beasts.

Z5 = simple, light weight, good hunting scope

X5 = advanced, technical LR scope
    Your entirely correct, My bad. I agree with you completely, the X5 is not a great choice for a purely hunting scope. I should read the Z's and the X's more carefully.
    matagouri likes this.