Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Swarovski bino failure again

Quote Originally Posted by Moutere View Post
    Never ends well when a commercial vendor starts bagging the other guys product on here.

Ok fair cop in your eye – but was not my intent at all !!

Maybe my over pessimistic mind warns me of two things that do not add up with the New Swaro reshuffle post NZammo ??

1st up Price
    A lot of models offered here in NZ (maybe Aussie too) are circa retail $$ that a shop outlet in Europe has to pay from Swaro Austria factory.
    2nd It appears in last two years a lot more complaints about quality – failures etc

Now maybe – its just more interaction over social media like this – or people expecting more considering the $$ value ??
    But – as you will see in an above post – I fronted up over another Brand
    I ALSO support and favour this Brand – many on here can vouch for that !!
    Micky Duck likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarvo View Post

Maybe my over pessimistic mind warns me of two things that do not add up with the New Swaro reshuffle post NZammo ??

1st up Price
    A lot of models offered here in NZ (maybe Aussie too) are circa retail $$ that a shop outlet in Europe has to pay from Swaro Austria factory.
    2nd It appears in last two years a lot more complaints about quality – failures etc

Now maybe – its just more interaction over social media like this – or people expecting more considering the $$ value ??
    Case and point.

Quote Originally Posted by Moutere View Post
    Case and point.
    Good reply (not)

put the hand bags down guys..... put the toys back in the sand pit ,there is more than enough buckets and spades for everyone.....
    yours
    leupold slut.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarvo View Post

1st up Price

Whilst Swaro was with NZ Ammo for most people swaro was a dream. Once the ‘agent margin’ was taken out Swaro had a much more competitive situation.
    I believe you are seeing on average more topics with Swaro for a couple of reasons, 1. A lot more Swaro gear in the market and 2, many who now buy Swaro have high expectations of a premium brand. So any failure comes to the surface in forums and discussion.
    I like many have Swaro, S&B, Nightforce, March and Leupolds. I have a soft spot for all of them depending on the purpose.
    NZ Ammo did for Norma what they didn’t for Swaro in my opinion.
    shift14 likes this.

I've had a few Swaro binos (all were perfect), a couple of Zeiss Victory's (one needed sending back), and a couple of Leicas (one had a tight, squeaky hinge).

My experience with Swaro has been stellar. It's widely considered that they've got the best quality control, and their customer service is without peer. I once lost the cap to the ballistic turret on my Z5 scope, and after sending Swaro an email, I got a new one sent to me in about a week. No questions asked; postage free of charge. Furthermore, I wasn't even dealing with the NZ branch, but Swaro USA. Just goes to show that they're all on the ball when it comes to customer support, and they don't discriminate based on your location or circumstances.

OP: after having had multiple failures with Swaro gear, you may be better served switching to another brand. Even if Swaro offers to make things right again (and they will get it right), chances are you'll harbor feelings of resentment towards them after all of this, and that may cloud your enjoyment of one of their products. Swaro makes great stuff, but in your situation you may be better off jumping ship to another premium brand. Purely for peace of mind.

I'm not knocking Swaro. I'll probably grab another one soon. But this is about the OP and what's best for him.

Edit: One option you could explore is the Swarovski Habicht 10x40. They're a porro prism bino, built to millitary spec. The design is bloody ancient, and all the niggles have been ironed out over many decades. They go for approx $1700. Definitely a good option if you want to stick with Swaro glass, but want a super reliable bino. They've got the highest light transmission of any bino on the market (96%). The glass is on par with the best Swaro, Leica and Zeiss have to offer, then some. The only downsides are: the FOV isn't as wide as the modern stuff, and the ergonomics are a bit dated. But that's more to do with your taste than anything.

Good luck.
    Last edited by Frodo; 17-09-2020 at 11:42 PM.

All my hunting gear has insulation tape round it. You’ve just broken them in!��
    Brian, Gibo, shift14 and 3 others like this.

Mate has the same binos are they are amazing. Name is misleading though...SLC(SMALL, LIGHT, COMPACT). Doesn't fit any of those for me haha

I know a dog that started an organic coffee store
    Some nice info there

Just to be clear with everyone post isn’t intended to be brand bash Obviously some frustration on my end will come across a bit skewed

I wrote it up as a story of the facts as they are for what it’s worth people can take what they want from it I know when I was looking I didn’t see much real world tales like this more just this is better than that etc could help someone like me make that decision I know I looked over everything I could before finally deciding between two

To be fair yes customer service has been great replaced first set no problem and again there is a set there to replace this pair if I decide to.

I don’t think anyone is asking to much because of being a premium brand they have to simply function as intended they are after all designed to be used in a outdoor environment and ideally for more than a week or in the first case 5 weeks
    I am not using these or any other binoculars unlike anyone else would so durability shouldn’t even enter the equation as they have virtually failed right out of the box would be easier to accept years down the track.

Do I have another go?I’m still deciding better part of me thinks I’m just asking for it if I do.
    It’s a shame because other than quality they are a really nice Binocular with great glass

Cheers
    jakewire and Finnwolf like this.

Jonny Fucking Utah!!! 😂😂

Id go to another brand just so wont have that will this new pair crap on me though in the back of your mind. Its about having trust in your gear , regardless of brand .

I guess at the end of the day its about the backup you get when you have an issue. I am guessing Swaro, Leica and the other big name will bend over backwards to see you right.
    I am sure if you take up the offer of the second replacment pair then their support will still be there should you need it (lets hope not) and I am also sure if you went in another direction they would also understand.
    At the end of the day its the putting right that matters.......something a lot of "ticket clipping" businesses forget.

Quote Originally Posted by Southcity View Post
    Whilst Swaro was with NZ Ammo for most people swaro was a dream. Once the ‘agent margin’ was taken out Swaro had a much more competitive situation.
    I believe you are seeing on average more topics with Swaro for a couple of reasons, 1. A lot more Swaro gear in the market and 2, many who now buy Swaro have high expectations of a premium brand. So any failure comes to the surface in forums and discussion.
    I like many have Swaro, S&B, Nightforce, March and Leupolds. I have a soft spot for all of them depending on the purpose.
    NZ Ammo did for Norma what they didn’t for Swaro in my opinion.
    I’ve had nothing but stellar support for Swaro gear, whether from NZ Ammo, or from the current setup dealing direct to Swaro NZ. This includes damage and on another item, wear and tear. My Z5’s were from Eurooptics, a Z6 off eBay, and EL Range finders off eBay. All supported as if I’d been gouged and bought local.

I can’t / won’t comment on other brands as I don’t own them.

B

Got a mate who had these exact issues with his swaros. His name isn’t Johnny Utah tho and he lives in rangiora... mmmmh