Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Swarovski EL Range 10x42 LRF +Tracking Assistant Binocular

Swarovski EL Range 10x42 LRF +Tracking Assistant Binocular

Hi folks: just wanting to get some feedback on the Swarovski EL Range 10x42 LRF +Tracking Assistant Binocular.

Upgrading from an old Bushnell which finally crapped out when I dropped it .

Want to get a bino + range finder combo. Mainly used for deer hunting. The tracking feature seems to be pretty useful as well.

Have read a few reviews online and this seems to be the one to get at this price bracket . Can’t seem to find any issues at all(other than the high $$$)

Also not sure how negotiable the price is from shops ) if this is a sensitive matter please PM me)

If any current owner can chip in any experience that will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Note the tacking assist only works if you are in cell range

Sorry thats not true you can still use it in the bino just not on the detailed phone

Damn that’s pretty useless then pretty much where you go there’s no cell range lol

I've got el range binos, must be too old for the tracking thing though.
    They are excellent, replaced Leicas, which were also good, unless there was any mist or light fog, then they wouldn't range 200mtrs.
    The Swaros don't seem to even notice the mist.
    Would buy them again.

Just get what keltons got.
    Sig6k.
    Glass is fine unless you need wank factor with the Swarovski.

Sent from my SM-A226B using Tapatalk
    mawzer308 likes this.
    My favorite sentences i like to hear are - I suppose so. and Send It!

Quote Originally Posted by andyanimal31 View Post
    Just get what keltons got.
    Sig6k.
    Glass is fine unless you need wank factor with the Swarovski.

Whats the size like on the sig? mate has gpo's and they are huge
    Konus binoculars " The power to imagine"

Quote Originally Posted by 199p View Post
    Whats the size like on the sig? mate has gpo's and they are huge
    I have the 3000bdx and I really rate those and the 6k are smaller and lighter

camenzie likes this.

The sigs are ity bity and brilliant i had the el range ta and dropped them claimed insurance and their were no el range ta available so got the 3000bdx in the mean time, long story short i ended up getting the 6k when that was availble not the swaros the 3000bdx is a hell of a bit of kit the onboard ballistics and range finder power is second to none
    camenzie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by alanpyc View Post
    Damn that’s pretty useless then pretty much where you go there’s no cell range lol
    Yip dont let that be your selling point, I love the inbuilt ballistics of the sigs and the powerful rangefinder if i wanted euro glass again id run swaro binos and a sig rangefinder, for me its the correction read out upon ranging

Yip dont let that be your selling point, I love the inbuilt ballistics of the sigs and the powerful rangefinder if i wanted euro glass again id run swaro binos and a sig rangefinder, for me its the correction read out upon ranging

How do you find the glass quality in comparison? Between Sig and Swaro . Especially using it during low light setting ? This is probably my biggest concern.

never paid much attention to glass quality until I looked through a friends high end Leupold scope . thought my midrange vortex is doing fine until I witnessed the amount the light and colour that comes out of the leupold. Incredible

Personally I’d rather get a really good bino (despite paying more initially) . Kinda over the phase of buying lesser and having to sell and upgrade later on

Thanks for the advice above that was really helpful

How do you find the glass quality in comparison? Between Sig and Swaro . Especially using it during low light setting ? This is probably my biggest concern.

never paid much attention to glass quality until I looked through a friends high end Leupold scope . thought my midrange vortex is doing fine until I witnessed the amount the light and colour that comes out of the leupold. Incredible

Personally I’d rather get a really good bino (despite paying more initially) . Kinda over the phase of buying lesser and having to sell and upgrade later on

Thanks for the advice above that was really helpful
    Lol , to be fair most people do what you have done.
    I always recommend a basic accurate rifle with what you don't spend on that put into mounts rings and glass.
    Good glass and hardware youd getting to the 4k spend min these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelton View Post
    I have a pair of the 3000bdx and find the same, great to have glassing, ranging and solution all in one, cuts down on time spent doing all the admin before getting behind the rifle. The only annoying thing is that they dont come with lens covers (front or back). I've got some vortex ones that do a good job (gimme a pm if you get them and want deets) but doesnt make sense they're making a high quality optics without covers.

Ive also got a small Sig BDX rangefinder when I'm bush hunting but could spot something on a slip 300m+ away. Its 200g vs ~1kg so a decent weight and space saving. The good thing is that they both connect to the same SIG app have the same ballistic calculator and use the same solution

Quote Originally Posted by camenzie View Post
    I have a pair of the 3000bdx and find the same, great to have glassing, ranging and solution all in one, cuts down on time spent doing all the admin before getting behind the rifle. The only annoying thing is that they dont come with lens covers (front or back). I've got some vortex ones that do a good job (gimme a pm if you get them and want deets) but doesnt make sense they're making a high quality optics without covers.

Ive also got a small Sig BDX rangefinder when I'm bush hunting but could spot something on a slip 300m+ away. Its 200g vs ~1kg so a decent weight and space saving. The good thing is that they both connect to the same SIG app have the same ballistic calculator and use the same solution
    Yip I run the 1k sig rangefinder aswell brilliant i just have my binos in my twin needle harness they do gwt dusty but I never notice looking threw them