Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Swarovski EL Range 10x42 LRF +Tracking Assistant Binocular

Quote Originally Posted by CandiedGold View Post
    I pulled the trigger on some Swaro 10x 42 EL Range TA's a couple of years ago and I couldn't be happier. The quality of the glass on these is absolutely stunning and even after using them for a couple of years I still often find myself thinking about just how incredibly crisp and clear everything looks when viewing through the swaros.

My confidence and accuracy with longer range shooting is infinitely better with these binos. I fed my load (.270 145grain Hornady Precision Hunter) into the ballistic calculator function on the binos and when I range the target it provides me with the range (angle adjusted) AND an MOA adjustment. All I need to do then is adjust the MOA turret on my Swaroski Z5 scope and pull the trigger (Note the photo shows my old Leupold VX# Boone and Crocket rather than the Z5 - that was also a worthwhile upgrade). The only real guess work now becomes the wind adjustment. I've contemplated purchasing a kestrel wind reader but I just don't do enough long range shooting in wind to justify it.

I pulled off a great shot on a nanny Tahr at 770 meters with this system on a windless morning in the southern alps last year - it was pretty magic using the binos to find the animal, range the animal, produce a firing solution for the shot and then provide tracking assistance to help you find your kill.

I initially thought this was a gimmick but once you get the hang of it , it works perfectly. Don't worry about the other posts that suggest that it only works with cell coverage - that's not accurate. If you have cell coverage the Swaro app will give show you a satellite map of the area but you absolutely don't need this and I never bother toggling this on even if I am in coverage - all you need is the arrow to dhow you the direction and distance to your kill and you get this regardless of whether you have mobile coverage or not.

The only downside that I see to this unit is that it is quite heavy - as are most LFR Bino's. I also have some Swaro CL Pocket 8x25's and they are outstanding optically also but of course no LRF capability and you wouldn't want to glass for long periods with them given the limited eye relief and FOV etc.

Before I committed the $5k to these I tested the Leica's and Delta's - both nice units but Swaro was an easy decision for me. All the best for your purchase decision. Buy once, cry once I reckon - you will never regret buying Swaro.

Attachment 221997
    Hey thank you very much for the detailed feedback and that’s a beautiful rifle you have right there!

Went handled the Swaro EL and the Leica equivalent on Sunday. The Swaro feels much lighter than the Leica so that’s a definite plus. Couldn’t really tell the difference between the glasses as they both look amazing and the images somehow seems more vibrant than real life.

Have ordered the Swaro and can’t wait to pick it up this Sunday. ( end up getting an orange one haha)

BTW how do you find the Z5 compared to Leupold? Atm I’m running a Leupold VX3 on the T3X. Got the VX3 because it’s compact and light. Eventually will upgrade this but needs to be something light weight.

Gkp
    I got the leica 3200.com and love them.
    Everyone's eyes are different when looking though optics but found that compared to the swaro the leicas made the colors pop. The greens where brighter and the red deer definitely stood out on the hill.
    The ballistic calculator on them has definitely stepped up my shooting. Once I had my rifle shooting into an inch at 300 yards I was able to dial out much further. My first trip out with them I dropped a Billy on the spot at 700 yards and a couple weeks ago I scored my longest kill on a goat at 930 yards. Stoked!
    They don't have the tracking function but I don't need it as I have this guy.
    Name:  20230322_083215.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  2.13 MB
    Nathan F, BRADS, charles23 and 1 others like this.

Love my El Range TA, stunning glass. Love the Bluetooth feature to seamlessly switch between loads.