Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Thumbs Up Air New Zealand

Have never had issues flying with a firearm when the right processes have been followed. Apart from one time I was in a rush getting to the airport from the bush, I left my bolt in my carry on and they picked it up at security. One lady flipped out completely about it being a firearm-I tried explaining it was harmless unless I threw it at someone. Not helpful. Luckily one of the guys there was a hunter and put my carry on up the front in the pilots locker for the ride home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    kiwial and Synthetic like this.
    I'm drawn to the mountains and the bush, it's where life is clear, where the world makes the most sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Bagheera View Post
    ... Empty brass are not treated as ammunition.
    Correct.... but don't leave them in your carry-on luggage as suddenly they ARE treated as bad things to have in your bag.

And anything shapped like ammunition is also prohibited... I purchased two Snap-Caps in .223 a while back and the AVSEC guys weren't having a bar of it. I was travelling light so no checked in luggage. All the Snap-Caps are is a SOLID piece of brass with some plastic primers... nup. Looks like ammo so therefore it IS ammo.
    Synthetic likes this.

And don't take a box of projectiles in your carry on as they are classed as part of a firearm.
    I almost lost a box of 143 eldx, i had to put them in a small bag and check it in.

Sent from my CPH2145 using Tapatalk
    Synthetic likes this.

Did a survey for ANZ after flying to and from Welly. First time in over 30 years you could clearly hear and understand every word the pilot said. The hostess going down screamed at 40 knots. Had people around wincing during the announcement. Why they do it amazes me.Side track. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by 25/08IMP View Post
    And don't take a box of projectiles in your carry on as they are classed as part of a firearm.
    I almost lost a box of 143 eldx, i had to put them in a small bag and check it in.

Sent from my CPH2145 using Tapatalk
    Wonder how you can hijack a plane with projectiles?