Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Tikka t3 or browning x bolt?

Quote Originally Posted by hunter Al.7mm08 View Post
    Happy to be corrected but i believe the tikka can easily be modified for a half cock?
    Or, just use the safety as the designers intended
    Hunty1, Shearer, 10-Ring and 4 others like this.

Agree. Don't really understand the half cock thing.
    Just use the safety on my Tikka.
    Shearer, takbok and AFxxRIxxCA like this.

Browning all the way. Much nicer rifle in my opinion.

Another vote for Tikka.

Having owned both I have found the Tikka to be the better rifle, far superior trigger, better stock and in my experience a better quality barrel.

Also loads of aftermarket parts if you wish to modify.

FOX
    I decided on the Tikka over the xbolt purely based on the feel. Spent about an hour in H&S having a play with both, the tikka felt better when i lifted it into my shoulder and that was it. Both well made guns.

Have owned both. Now use Tikkas. The X-Bolt is an awesome rifle but the Tikka trigger is much nicer. You can buy a lighter spring I believe for the X-Bolt though. Tikka half bolt can be made very nice with the half bolt modification. People bag on the half bolt idea but a rifle in the half bolt position with the safety applied has two layers of security where as the bolt closed and safety on is only one. I know which I prefer.
    25 /08 IMP and Myk_native like this.

Quote Originally Posted by stagstalker View Post
    Have owned both. Now use Tikkas. The X-Bolt is an awesome rifle but the Tikka trigger is much nicer. You can buy a lighter spring I believe for the X-Bolt though. Tikka half bolt can be made very nice with the half bolt modification. People bag on the half bolt idea but a rifle in the half bolt position with the safety applied has two layers of security where as the bolt closed and safety on is only one. I know which I prefer.
    This can be done on the Browning it just doesn't lock the bolt but the safety can be applied when in half bolt if you want then close the bolt and remove the safety.
    If you want a half bolt it's the only way I will use one or just use the safety.

Sent from my CPH1903 using Tapatalk
    stagstalker likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by stagstalker View Post
    I fitted the aftermarket spring to my Xbolt and it did improve it substantially. However the Tikka trigger is still well ahead. The newer Xbolt's trigger assembly is factory sealed and just about impossible to open to work on without breaking it, Browning obviously had the lawyers take them to task! Both Tikka's I have are tack drivers, the X Bolt was so so... Small sample size tho

Quote Originally Posted by 25 /08 IMP View Post
    This can be done on the Browning it just doesn't lock the bolt but the safety can be applied when in half bolt if you want then close the bolt and remove the safety.
    If you want a half bolt it's the only way I will use one or just use the safety.

Sent from my CPH1903 using Tapatalk
    Yup I used to do the same when I had mine. They are a good action

I have both a Sauer and X-Bolt in 7mm08.
    The X-Bolt is an absolute laser with any ammunition, also seems to manage recoil better, and for me the stock is more comfortable to get behind.
    The Sauer is bloody accurate too, but is a little more picky with ammunition, it doesnt much like Superformance SST, loves the new Sako Gamehead.
    However both have killed Deer and Goats out to 470yards.
    In regards to trigger, nothing wrong with X-Bolt, light and crisp. Same with Sauer, very easily adjusted in the stock.