Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: TradeMe magazine policy

Quote Originally Posted by gimp View Post
    actually the moronic endorsement system is the problem
    Yeah sort of. It's what we have to work with at the moment which realistically won't be changing. The more muppets who choose to do things their own way result in more restrictions for everyone else eventually. The willingness of people to own and sell large capacity mags is probably worthy of a different thread

I can't understand why are they banning high capacity mag when you can buy them from any gun shop without a licence, yet if you want ammunition trademe has no problem allowing people to sell large quantities of ammo (I have no problem with this of course). eg 50 BMG ball 1 box of 100 linked | Trade Me, or even 1000 rounds of 223.

I would say that gunstuff would love trademe to banned more firearms products then they would see more traffic there way

We had another option for a little while when wheedle started up and they shut down due to lack of support from the punters as they all chose to stay on trade me. I feel that trademe would not have become the pack of nazis they are now if had not been sold to the current owners.
    RULE 4: IDENTIFY YOUR TARGET BEYOND ALL DOUBT

To be a Human is to be an Alien, ask the animals, We invade this world and we are killing it, we are destroying the earth and nobody gives a fuck except for the animals

Wheedle was a very poorly conceived and executed attempt at competing with TM.

TradeMe could double their fees overnight and people will still use it. It's a business force unto itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Kscott View Post
    TradeMe could double their fees overnight and people will still use it. It's a business force unto itself.
    only auction site that could compete with trademe would be if Ebay opened an NZ site. trademe is so big now it basically can swash anyone from starting or even trying to compete. When ever there is a monopoly there should be a commerce commission keeping an eye on them
    Yukon likes this.

Buy shares in Trade Me and recoup your money...easy fix
    Which is worse, ignorance or apathy...I don't know and don't care.

I used to sell a lot of things through trademe but rarely use it now as fees are so high and ird watch it etc. now I find myself selling the stuff I used to pay trademe for the pleasure on forums and Facebook pages for free. Works for me

Sent from my workbench
    If i could have a full time job shooting pests i'm up for over time.

trade me have no idea when it comes to firearms laws so its easier for them to say no mags over 7 rounds rather than work out weather its for a semi or a bolt action mind you im pretty sure you are allowed to have a hi cap mag for display as long as you don't own a compatible firearm correct me if im wrong?

So basically you can't sell Lee Enfields with a mag now?

Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    If one wishes to sell on Trade Me, then yes you can...just don't mention how many rounds the mag holds...simple really. I have sold several 10 shot magazined LE's on Trade Me and have never had a problem. If anyone asks a question on the listing as too how many rounds fit in the mag, I just tell them 5 + 5.
    Yukon likes this.
    Which is worse, ignorance or apathy...I don't know and don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwijames View Post
    8><--- I would very much doubt they really care too much about a niche sport such as hunting.
    yep, pretty sure TM said a while back they were considering dropping selling rifles etc as it was more hassle than it was worth.

regards
    "I do not wish to be a pawn or canon fodder on the whims of MY Government"

A seller is trying, now, to list two consecutively numbered SMLE #1 mk 3's.

Latest looney decision from TradeMe is that he cannot include them in the same auction, he must list them separately. God knows why. It can't be because they think he is trying to avoid sucess fees as the two together are going to attract a higher price that sold separately.

Muppets at the tiller.

GunStuff.co.nz to see an upswing of A category firearms for sale...

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    Yes but have been moved to
    Gardening > Plant Restraints
    steven, res and Tommy like this.