Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Southcity
  • 1 Post By waimanu

Thread: Unique Arms X51

Unique Arms X51

Hi, I am new to this forum as I am desperate to find parts for an old Unique Arms X51 22LR. I was gifted this firearm some years ago from an Estate, but unfortunately both the magazine and the rear sight has been lost. It is the earlier model firearm of which I believe it to be pre 1983 manufacture.... an from what i understand it will require the 10.4mm wide mag. I completely understand the rarity of these and I am hoping that someone maybe able to point me in the right direct to locate one. Either locally or internationally. I would appreciate any guidance

I'm guessing you mean the Unique x51 or x51Bis made by Armes Hendaye BP France. You are correct in the mag well dimension but the magazines are 10 mm single stack and not like anything else in aware of.
    They are quite unusual graceful and accurate rifles. There are quite a few on here with them.
    I once spent several hours looking for a 10 round mag I dropped, found it in the end.
    The 5 looks like this. Good luck someone might have one spare. To help this is what the 5 looks like
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Welcome to the X51 club!!! I am a Unique fan have two of them. And yes the mags are confusing. There are two different dimensions but the mags look the same. I have found the 10 shot mags don’t feed as well as the 5 shot.. also the 5 shot is flush fitting.
    A few years ago I tracked down new ones in France and imported a few 5 shots for mine . Much harder these days!
    Another member on here walked into gun city 3 or 4 years and and on the counter in a box of ‘unknown mags’ he pulled one out for his X51. Happy hunting!
    Marty Henry and csmiffy like this.

When Unique closed supposedly Armoury FMR snaffled up the spares.
    I have a Unique bolt gun and was interested in what part thay may have.
    Contacted them and got a very terse NO in reply.

Mate had contacted them a few years earlier and at that stage they still had mags but wouldn't export.
    https://armurerie-fmr.fr/recherche?c...=unique&page=2

Incidentally my bolt gun mag will fit the X51BIS. I also got an extra mag (maybe 10 shot) with the rifle that sorta fits the rifle. The seller told me it was from a Unique pistol.
    Last edited by zimmer; 06-06-2023 at 05:58 PM.

what type of bolt action magazine are you talking about?

Hi Muroma, not sure if your still looking for a mag for the unique 22lr rifle.
    I have some mags spare but first can you tell me if your rifle has the button on side of trigger housing that holds the bolt back?? if so its a x51/X51bis if it doesnt its a model V49 which is the forerunner of the 51. (made in 1949-1951. the X51 started production in 1951 with the bis model having better stock wood (walnut sometimes and adjustable rear sights and hooded from sight). the X51 models were also all threaded for suppressors as the company made suppressors to sell with rifles. the model 49 is not threaded and has simple bead sight. (or if it is threaded then by someone else not the factory).
    you can private msg me to make contact is interested in a mag that might fit depending on which model you have.
    Marty Henry likes this.