Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree186Likes

Thread: What do you think of this rifle in .308?

MB

What do you think of this rifle in .308?

Good, bad, good deal, rip off? Hate as much as you like. I know next to nothing about carbon wrapped barrels.

https://www.guncity.com/tikka-t3x-ca...hreaded-367030
    Shearer likes this.

Very nice rifle it is and no doubt it works. However I couldn't splash that much on a Tikka. Regardless how much carbon.
    bigbear and dannyb like this.
    Cursed be the ground for our sake. Both thorns and thistles it shall bring forth for us. For out of the ground we were taken, for the dust we are... and to the dust we shall return.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    Very nice rifle it is and no doubt it works. However I couldn't splash that much on a Tikka. Regardless how much carbon.
    Why? Is there something wrong with the actions?
    Magnus likes this.
    Experience. What you get just after you needed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shearer View Post
    Nothing wrong with Tikkas but for that sort of money there are much nicer rifles to buy, I agree and toally understand where @Magnus is coming from, for the same reason I have never and probably will never own a Tikka.
    Not because there is anything wrong with them but because they are a "Corolla" reliable and well made but I prefer a more refined driving experience like a "Bentley"

Please before you flame me.....I don't hate Tikka's they are very good, just not tor me
    keneff and Magnus like this.
    #DANNYCENT

Never said anything about the actions, I said it is a very nice rifle indeed. Imo and if it were my money I couldn't justify a 3.5k Tikka that would shoot just as well as my 1.5k Tikka.
    Cursed be the ground for our sake. Both thorns and thistles it shall bring forth for us. For out of the ground we were taken, for the dust we are... and to the dust we shall return.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    Never said anything about the actions, I said it is a very nice rifle indeed. Imo and if it were my money I couldn't justify a 3.5k Tikka that would shoot just as well as my 1.5k Tikka.
    That too it won't shoot any better than any other Tikka
    keneff and Magnus like this.
    #DANNYCENT

I'd want to know who did the gunsmithing as I've seen some real shocking shit come out of guncity and you could probably kiss any kind of warranty goodbye also. And those stocks..... Yuck. I had one a few years back and it just didn't work for me at all they are really bulky through the wrist and quite square up front and to be honest they just look really unpleasant in my mind it doesn't matter how light a rifle is if it feels bulky then it will never handle well and mine started to delaminate along the fore end
    270 is a harmonic divisor number[1]
    270 is the fourth number that is divisible by its average integer divisor[2]
    270 is a practical number, by the second definition
    The sum of the coprime counts for the first 29 integers is 270
    270 is a sparsely totient number, the largest integer with 72 as its totient
    Given 6 elements, there are 270 square permutations[3]
    10! has 270 divisors
    270 is the smallest positive integer that has divisors ending by digits 1, 2, …, 9.

Quote Originally Posted by dannyb View Post
    Nothing wrong with Tikkas but for that sort of money there are much nicer rifles to buy, I agree and toally understand where @Magnus is coming from, for the same reason I have never and probably will never own a Tikka.
    Not because there is anything wrong with them but because they are a "Corolla" reliable and well made but I prefer a more refined driving experience like a "Bentley"

Please before you flame me.....I don't hate Tikka's they are very good, just not tor me
    With a carbon stock and barrel? So what would you consider a $3.5K off the shelf "Bentley"?
    Experience. What you get just after you needed it.

MB
    Yeah, it's about weight and balance. Kimber 84m looks good, but tracking one down is another matter. Sako Carbonlight at over $6K.

3.5k!!!!!!!!!!!!! 3.5k!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    $3500!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    carbon fibre or solid gold??????????

$3500 is one hell of a lot of coin to "gamble" with...and gamble you will be doing...will it shoot??? will it bugger brass on first firing??? will it eject cases or rip off the rim???? will bolt handle fall off???? will the bolt fall out and no replacement be able to be found?????

good luck if anything goes wrong with it........ 3.5k........ buggermesideways,my wallet is cringing just typing that number out.

more money than sence.......
    Magnus, Andygr and yeah_na_missed like this.
    75/15/10 black powder matters

and its a garden variety .308winchester....if you want light...go Scot Trail jobbie...... if you want reliable go HOWA.... if you want flash looking, buy some pink spray paint....3.5k yeah thats just crazy money...... Im going to have nightmares now....
    if you want to spend big coin and get nice rifle buy a sako..... at least yo uwill still have good warrantee if something goes wrong,and resale will not hurt so much....
    dannyb likes this.
    75/15/10 black powder matters

With a carbon stock and barrel? So what would you consider a $3.5K off the shelf "Bentley"?
    Bentleys aren't made out of carbon fiber... It's not the be all and end all of quality construction...
    keneff and dannyb like this.
    270 is a harmonic divisor number[1]
    270 is the fourth number that is divisible by its average integer divisor[2]
    270 is a practical number, by the second definition
    The sum of the coprime counts for the first 29 integers is 270
    270 is a sparsely totient number, the largest integer with 72 as its totient
    Given 6 elements, there are 270 square permutations[3]
    10! has 270 divisors
    270 is the smallest positive integer that has divisors ending by digits 1, 2, …, 9.

Quote Originally Posted by MB View Post
    Yeah, it's about weight and balance. Kimber 84m looks good, but tracking one down is another matter. Sako Carbonlight at over $6K.
    For that money bud, you're into a better class of rifle then the tikka. Even a Tikka 2nd hand and spending the remainder on barrels an trinkets with a known Smith I'd be more happy.

Plenty of nicer or better quality rifles around for $3.5k go have a look for yourself I never said carbon stocked and carbon barreled.
    I'm not gonna search around for something I have no intention of buying. You can get a lot of rifle for that sort of money.
    Micky Duck likes this.
    #DANNYCENT

@Micky Duck so predictable
    #DANNYCENT