Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: whats the cheapest scope you run

I have a red field partner on my Mauser. The seal leaked and got some water mark but it is rugged. I've been down some crappy ridges before and it's held up OK.

Seemed to take me falling down quite well.

No idea what it costs cos they don't make them anymore I think.

Have 4 of the Burris Signature Series 3-10 x 40, all brought second hand between $170-$420. Really suit my old eyes with their excellent focusing plus very clear. There seem to be underrated in NZ.
    nor-west and dannyb like this.

the 3x9x50mm vari x 11 on my .223 cost me $350 multiple hand old...took care of two bunnies single shot each tonight...that scope hasnt had zero changed in about 10 years,it just doesnt move at all.

MB
    VX1 - no complaints, but maybe I don't know any better. The scope on my rimfire cost twice as much, VX2 I think and it's not as good.

Nikko Sterling Air Gold on my 22. I love the mildots on it and reasonable scope for the price.
    timattalon likes this.

northdude
    got an air king think its 4-12x44 ones on my 222 and ones on my krico 22 hornet
    timattalon likes this.

Tasco 3-9x32 on my .22 for 30yrs. Been through hell and back. Still as good as the day it was bought.

Got an old Bushnell sport view 4 X which was on an old 303. One of my nephews was using it on a trip into the Ruahines and when we were walking out down a major river the scope fell off the rifle,don,t know how lose mounts or something and ended up in the water. Plucked it out still OK although it's not on anything at the moment.

Weaver 2.5x20 has held up well to a lot of recoil from some big calibres no worries.

Banned
    I have 2 Nikon Prostaff 4x32 Rimfire scopes. Cost $100 US each. I have dialed these things up and down and they actually track accurately and return to zero, which astounded me. They do one with proper zero-able turrets now I see for the same price. Pretty cool wee scopes for not much money.

BSA Phantom 3-12x40. wasnt "super cheap" but good optically, great in twilight and poi never moves.

Nikko Stirling night eater fixed 6 power. I put it on my fathers 17hmr. Pretty good optics, and hasn't moved once sighted in. But clicks aren't predictable or positive.
    timattalon and viper like this.
    "The generalist hunter and angler is a well-fed mofo" - Steven Rinella

Have an old Camo Bushnell Banner dawn to dusk 3-9 with a Circle x Reticle, I love that reticle, something about it helps my eye centre the target and just works. scope still going strong been on BLR 308, Tikka 7mm08 and now my CZ 22 for shooting farm pests...

FYI: My Kahles is a next level though

PJC
    Tasco 3-9 something or other. It was rubbish and zero would wonder all over the place. Shooters supplies sent it away to get fixed (for nothing which was pretty good for a cheap scope), but have never had the heart to put it back on a rifle.

Banned
    I found one of the newer pro-staffs in a box. Has the pull up to re-zero turrets. I'm going to dial it till it breaks. Be very cool if it does not break. $100 long range scope?