Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By woods223
  • 1 Post By zimmer

Thread: Wheeler fat torque wrench - busted

Wheeler fat torque wrench - busted

Anyone here use a wheeler fat wrench?

Stripped mine down because it got jammed up and couldn’t adjust anymore (left on lowest setting) can anyone confirm I’m missing a nut that’s suppose to be inbetween the spring on the threaded insert.
    It’s been in a cupboard for about 5 years unused and I’m not sure if I misplaced a part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edit - fixed it. That nut does indeed rotate up and down the shaft. You need to strip it and free up the nut. For some reason they didn’t design it with a washer so if it bottoms out it’ll pretty much seize in there. Loosened up the nut with a wrench and vice. Put a washer in and throw it all back together. Done.
    I haven’t found a fix or schimatic anywhere for this yet so if admin allows I’ll leave the post up.

Remember to check calibration against a known torque, that’s assuming they’re even calibrated when new.
    TianBotha and BSA270 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by woods223 View Post
    Remember to check calibration against a known torque, that’s assuming they’re even calibrated when new.
    Yeap I’m planning on it, they are calibrated from new but that was 2014

I checked mine against a known accurate torque wrench and it was surprisingly close. Reason I checked - read some bad postings on overseas forums re accuracy of the Wheeler.
    The worst wrench I have is an expensive Anschutz one. It is way out. I got it second hand though so its previous life and care is unknown.

Plenty of Youtube vids on how to check calibration.
    TianBotha likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    I checked mine against a known accurate torque wrench and it was surprisingly close. Reason I checked - read some bad postings on overseas forums re accuracy of the Wheeler.
    The worst wrench I have is an expensive Anschutz one. It is way out. I got it second hand though so its previous life and care is unknown.

Plenty of Youtube vids on how to check calibration.
    Yea I only have a ft lb wrench atm and it won’t quite go low enough to test the wheelers torque. Might put a post up to see if anyone in Canterbury has one I can borrow for a day or so