Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Worth repairing this scope?

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    bollocks....... for bush hunting in thick stuff it is awesome....the ONLY reason my main bush rifle isnt like it anymore is the post n rail reticle.
    its not a new idea,cullers were doing it many years ago.
    Nah - the rifle ends up on a cant to all hell as the eye tries to level the reticle out. Its one thing to have the reticle off a little bit on the piss away from the turret screw axis - as long as the screws are perfectly in line horizontal and vertical but like that Leupold I had that was assembled on the piss it just didn't work at all. Wasn't a case of being hard to zero, it was just every shade of wrong. I actually clipped a chunk of timber on the range I first shot it at as the bore was so far out of line to the centreline of the scope...

If the reticle straight up and down isn't suited to the bush, get one with the old 'German No2' style (thick horizontal and half height vertical with a point) or a red dot. Much better...

your eyes must be wonky...its no different to make X mark the spot than to put a T on it.... used it like that many times without issue.
    my M8 4x is a post n rail....I didnt say a duplex was no good in the thick bush,just that its BETTER if at 45 degrees.
    75/15/10 black powder matters