Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: Deer in Strange Places

NEO
    2017, me and my wife drove to Glenorchy, our plan was to reach the flat. But it was rainy day, we ended up in dark forest, unable to cross that deep ford with strong flood water. On the way in, we saw lots of rabbits, and some dead sheep in creeks (How did they died? Why no one pick them up). On the way back, I felt something on the tree line and it was a group of deer on the hill about 30m from road. But I do `t have rifle, and them soon disappeared in the woods.
    Lone Hunter

sneakywaza I got
    Nearly ran over a nice black wee Fallow today, towing a load of firewood down.... a road close to Fairlie township, was feeding in the nice green paddock behind the house and decided to go home again, I saw it coming in from the right and went wtf is that? then boink boink boink across in front of me, down the bank and into the Matagouri on the creek behind the house on the opposite side. Stopped for a bit to see where she went, stayed put so guessing I know where home is!
    Trout, Micky Duck and RUMPY like this.

There was a nice sika stag 10m away from my son's Hilux last night on last night. It got shot in the throat. Long carry. Still shaking my head upon it seeing us and doing nothing. Fat as.

You're not going to believe this, but recently saw 3 red hinds and a stag, not 2km from Auckland's CBD.

Didn't have a rifle with me though.

The staff at Auckland Zoo frown on that sort of behaviour.

Surely if you cooked them a steak or gave them sausages after the fact they would be ok with it?

Getting this thread going again, I saw a red hind in a paddock off SH1 between Puhoi and Warkworth. No deer fencing so not farmed, was just chilling chewing cud
    Ranger 888 likes this.

I saw a mob of Roe deer in the middle of Stockholm.
    TeRei and erniec like this.
    "Sixty percent of the time,it works every time"

Saw a red spiker on the south side of the Waimarama bridge last year. A man with binoculars on Te Mata Peak probably would have seen it.

Quote Originally Posted by norsk View Post
    I saw a mob of Roe deer in the middle of Stockholm.
    I saw 4 in Bisley township in the UK years ago. Yes I did have my rifle in the car, no I did not have a crack!

Quote Originally Posted by imaca View Post
    I saw 4 in Bisley township in the UK years ago. Yes I did have my rifle in the car, no I did not have a crack!
    I've got a old photo of one standing next to the range flag on Siberia at Bisley.
    The UK is awesome for seeing deer (and all sorts of animals - I used to see a fox on the rail tracks where I lived in Deptford, in London).

About 10 years ago my wife and I saw a rusa hind standing in with angus yearling cattle 500m east of Ruahihi power station on the Kaimai hiway. The cattle were grazing amongst the pine trees on the right heading to Tauranga. Now logged.
    We doubled back to make sure what we'd seen. It was June (mating time) so I'm picking she was an escapee and was looking for a mate.
    Funny thing I just went past there today and looked there, as hunters do.
    No she wasn't there, but maybe next time.

some years ago I saw a photo that was supposedly whitetail that had been released at the southern side of the Waikato river out near coast - supposedly bought up by Heli Operator from South Island - any one heard of it

Quote Originally Posted by Barry the hunter View Post
    some years ago I saw a photo that was supposedly whitetail that had been released at the southern side of the Waikato river out near coast - supposedly bought up by Heli Operator from South Island - any one heard of it
    I grew up on Limestone Downs this was a few years ago now, I'm 38 now and parents bought down south when I was 12 so talking 26 years since we lived there. Never knew of any whitetail at that stage however there are a few deer getting round those ways that aren't reds or fallow...
    270 is a harmonic divisor number[1]
    270 is the fourth number that is divisible by its average integer divisor[2]
    270 is a practical number, by the second definition
    The sum of the coprime counts for the first 29 integers is 270
    270 is a sparsely totient number, the largest integer with 72 as its totient
    Given 6 elements, there are 270 square permutations[3]
    10! has 270 divisors
    270 is the smallest positive integer that has divisors ending by digits 1, 2, …, 9.

More shoot n boot is needed.

have been knocked back by 1080 last year

Saw nice whitetail buck in Los Angeles suburbs few years ago when I lived there..