Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree14Likes
  • 9 Post By oneshot
  • 1 Post By silentscope
  • 3 Post By silentscope
  • 1 Post By oneshot

Thread: Handy yearling for bartering

Handy yearling for bartering

Yesterdays weather was shite to say the least, the weather forecast showed it was "supposed" to clear in the afternoon, so I figured a wet day in the bush is better than a lazy day on the couch.
    A mate of mine was after some venison, he had a brand new pair of Meindl dessert fox boots he brought back from Afghanistan and asked if I wanted them, abso-fucken –lutely I said, I told him I would get him some venny for the trade. So I set off in search of something handy, I decided on a trip into the Rimutakas to a spot that has been generous to me over the years, the wind was fair screaming, I didn’t like my chances but hey yah got to try. I was having a look around some side creeks, and by 8:30pm I was about to admit defeat due to the high winds, I had one last look around a bend to see a hind and yearling standing on a grassy patch facing my direction no more than 50 yards out, I naturally lined up on the yearling and plugged it through the base of the neck, it was just about dark by this stage so I set up my Huntech fly and called it a night, I was up at 0500 to even worse weather, I quickly sorted out the yearling and back packed out the whole thing, my day pack conveniently fitted inside the rib cavity of the yearling.
    My mate was pretty pleased with the deer, he was only expecting a back leg. That now makes 13 red deer for this year, I’m not a fan of odd numbers so might look at getting one more before Christmas, I will be able to trade another Red for a couple of boxes of Corona which will see me right for the festive season.

Name:  IMG_0404.JPG
Views: 389
Size:  175.3 KB
    7mmsaum, veitnamcam, 199p and 6 others like this.
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

nice trade!nice looking musket 2...good effort man

Nice one mate

Awesome stuff. Nice rifle. I know your answer will be "i dont need a second shot" (but lets pretend) how quick can you reload the single shot to have another crack? Does it eject the spent case when you brake it. What cal? Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No it doesn't eject the spent shell, I cant reload quite as fast as a bolt, but still pretty damn fast from practice. There has been the odd time I have needed a second round, I wont pretend to be a dead eye awesome shot, there has been the odd occasion there has been bad shot placement, not often though 7mm-08. This rifle is my bush hunting gun, its extremely rare a shot will be over 100 yards, average 30-60 yards.
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Cool ta

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i love that little gun of yours, in fact i love it so much i went a bought myself one today.
    oneshot likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by silentscope View Post
    i love that little gun of yours, in fact i love it so much i went a bought myself one today.
    Awesome work!! cant wait to see what you get up to with it, definitely worth putting a can on them.

Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    Awesome work!! cant wait to see what you get up to with it, definitely worth putting a can on them.
    it come with a can already on it and i love how its still shorter than my tikka, was a bloody steal too less than a new one cant wait to get out and start tipping over some redskins.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    sakokid, Gibo and oneshot like this.

I've been looking for another Bergara too. They don't appear on trademe that often...

Well there ya go... The Upper Hutt Gun Shop have them...

http://www.trademe.co.nz/sports/hunt...-813636437.htm

Quote Originally Posted by craigc View Post
    I've been looking for another Bergara too. They don't appear on trademe that often...

Bergara Scout 243 | Trade Me
    Did you end up selling the 357? was that a Bergara.

Yeah I sold the .357 Bergara - it hit like a fly swot...

It was however fun with subs! Head shots on goats at 75 yards. I'll dig out the video one day.

Got me a baikal nice little rifle yet to knock something over thou

Gona import some lehigh subsonic bullets for it

veitnamcam likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by craigc View Post

Bergara Scout 243 | Trade Me
    Broncos Sports in Tauranga stocks them too as an FYI
    They have a 708 in there at the mo. About 740 from memory