Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Mature Taranaki Public Land Buck - The Video

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Fisho View Post
    I've had one feed of steak off him and it was a bit chewy actually! Hoping the rest of it will be better though after a bit longer in the fridge and freezer.
    Try marinade for three hours before you cook, the longer the better and no salt until after!
    Love the eye of the tiger at the end, reminds me of my trips into the Kiamias lol
    It's all fun and games till Darthvader comes along
    I respect your beliefs but don't impose them on me.

Cheers for the feedback guys - glad you enjoyed the video, sure was an enjoyable day... Even if it didn't look like it with all the whining about lack of fitness

Quote Originally Posted by Dublin View Post
    Fantastic head, great video too thanks!

For cramping, I started using the following product after suffering the same thing more frequently than I liked.

https://www.o2bhealthy.co.nz/shop/sp...orts-fuel-max/

Since starting I hardly get cramp now when out in the bush. Also noticeably, I found I recover a lot quicker from long arduous hunts on the hot days. I take in up to 3lt already pre-mixed, then as I've gone through it I can top up with more i have in a plastic container in my pack when refilling my bottles.

It's a lower sugar electrolyte, NZ made and has some other bits in it which aid absorption and recovery above your standard poweraid/gaitorade sugar drinks.
    Thanks mate, I'll look into that one! I should come right again once I've worked a bit of fitness up, always struggle a bit when I've done bugger all hunting!

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow View Post
    Try marinade for three hours before you cook, the longer the better and no salt until after!
    Love the eye of the tiger at the end, reminds me of my trips into the Kiamias lol
    Thanks Sideshow, I'll give the marinade a go - had some more steak tonight and it was bloody tough as boots again. So I'll give it one more chance with the marinade, then it'll all be going in to sausages.
    video hunter likes this.