Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Model 7, 7mm08 vs Spiker

Quote Originally Posted by nor-west View Post
    What scope are you running on the 7/08 @Craig
    I picked up a second hand Nikon Monach with a mildot reticle. It dials nicely and the milldots roughly line up with some useful ranges at full power.
    nor-west and caberslash like this.

Quote Originally Posted by caberslash View Post
    @craigc , how many rounds does yours hold in the magazine out of interest?

Assume it is a Stug/High Tech stock?
    I’ve never tried to put any more than four in it, but I’ll give it a go and let you know!
    caberslash likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by gimp View Post
    Not a Stug, it's that other mob with the weird fat pistol grips
    I’ve got two of the fatsos now and don’t mind them at all. They do look a bit strange though! :-)
    caberslash likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Friwi View Post
    There might be more than one side to the story of the carbon stock company you are talking about.
    As to the lot from the uk, is that not how accuracy international was started more or less?
    @Friwi Yeh there is always 2 sides to any story ,but that does not change the fact he was caught operating out of a Cambridge house for years & had never even applied for the relevant permits or permission while going for lucrative Gov't contracts/sales against those who had & yeh Accuracy International was who l was trying to remember ,from memory they were operating out a small COMMERCIAL premise & just made out they were bigger than what they were at the time.

The only reason l remembered the name as soon as l saw the stock was l was in the process of deciding on parts for my 300 RUM build at the time & it was all any of the suppliers were talking about & like l say these were popular in Varmint rifles at the time as they were a fair bit cheaper, from memory he had been doing that shit from 2014 or so & once they found out he had never even applied for permits they were going to throw the book at him ,but the company cupboards were bare .
    "Fair Winds and Following Seas" - Capt Ron You Glorious Bastard.

"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the Government, and I'm here to help. " President Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by bunji View Post
    Was a very similar story to those blokes who supplied the UK Military with their Sniper rifles & the company was just a group of mates operating out of a old Panel Beaters shed .
    Quote Originally Posted by Friwi View Post
    As to the lot from the uk, is that not how accuracy international was started more or less?
    Blokes in a shed are the bastion of British innovation:

What magnification did you get? Have a few options for the Kimber and undecided what top mag to go for.

Quote Originally Posted by bunji View Post
    Nice little set up you have there now ,l was recently just left a Mod 7 7/08 by a mate from the US & have been looking at what is now on offer in CF stocks for them ,it is amazing what upgrades are available now since l brought my Mowhawk for my 21st birthday back in the early 80's .
    @bunji , look up the Model Seven 'KS' (Kevlar stock)

Name:  Screenshot 2021-12-30 09.32.49.png
Views: 188
Size:  72.6 KB

These are excellent stocks, they were made for the Remington Custom Shop back when they still knew what they were doing (late 80's- mid 90's).

Arguably the best stock for the Rem Model 7, plays to it's strengths of being a 'carbine', short, light, easy to handle and point. Note the open palm-swell which is like that of a shotgun.

The first batches were made by Brown Precision (same company who did the Howa Alpine stock) and McMillan made the later (and arguably better) ones. All came with a recoil bad bearing the Remington badge.

I picked up my M7 stainless with one of these stocks on it for £400 here in the UK, good deal as US guys will happily pay more for just the stock.
    Moa Hunter and Micky Duck like this.

@caberslash Thanks l will check them out , l have only got back from a xmas break hunting trip for a few days so have a heap of shit on the back burner ,so any suggestions help & looking at local dealers the prices they want for CF at the moment is ridiculous. I am going to also look at what used on the 284W build l just finished in time for this years Roar, a Bell & Carlson Ti Stock which l have been impressed with for ability to take knocks Vs weight. Thanks for the info
    caberslash likes this.
    "Fair Winds and Following Seas" - Capt Ron You Glorious Bastard.

"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the Government, and I'm here to help. " President Ronald Reagan

Primo!

@bunji , I should rephrase, instead of more than one Side, I should have said more than one chapter to the story. There was probably a chapter 2,3,4 ...and in the current chapter it seems they are operating out of Morrinsville and exporting a good number of their stocks to the US.

Quote Originally Posted by nor-west View Post
    What magnification did you get? Have a few options for the Kimber and undecided what top mag to go for.
    My eyes are crap! I went for the 4-16.

I’m unsure if I’ll stick with that or go for a Swarovski. We’ll just wait and see.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1009380493
    nor-west likes this.