Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: She,s a real hotty.

JLF
    Too hot It would be the end of my days. The ideal temperature for me is 15 ° C or less.
    300CALMAN and Micky Duck like this.
    There is still gunpowder left, the Grim Reaper can wait.

@nor-west l could not remember what year it was we had the Bush Pig Camper over there & then the missus asked me out of the blue did l remember on Boxing Day in 04 we were in Geraldton when the Tsunami hit ,we had a little dive boat hooked on the back & we stayed in Geraldton waiting for a new Transducer to be shipped in so we could go out to the Abrolhos Islands to see a mate.

He owned Cray boats & he flew back in & showed us the damage the Tsunami had done to in the Commercial Marina ,a couple of boats were sunk & the wave had lifted the floating pontoons off their mounts ,incredible the power of nature .We made the local rag as the old Bush Pig stuck out like dogs balls & always drew a crowd when in towns.

The blokes talking about Humidity ,we spent just over 2 decades living & working on & off in remote PNG & the Top End of Australia where Humidity in the high 80's /90' & temps in the high 30's/40's was just a fact of life,it still really bugs me sleeping under heavy blankets or wearing 10 layers of clothes especially clothing tight around my neck as we were basically semi naked for the entire couple of decades.

Here is the Bush Pig l built myself out of 2 wrecked ex Bush fire brigade 4X4 Twin Cab Canters we toured in this for years on & off ,all self sufficient & all kitted up for our love of hunting,fishing & Spearfishing .We would just park it up at mates houses some where in Oz fly out for work & then just hop back in & continue touring a really enjoyable time ,the missus would go & do it again tomorrow .

Name:  InkedRED -Bush Pig_LI SML.jpg
Views: 177
Size:  514.1 KB

This me back at 28 yrs old in 89 in PNG on the Indo border ,we spent 3 yrs up there & this is about as dressed up as l got for decades in PNG or the Top End of Oz

Name:  RED P-I mask SML.jpg
Views: 185
Size:  45.0 KB

Here is how we lived the whole time in PNG , our 4 Star accommodation to try to beat the tropical heat for 3 yrs ,no electricity & the river was your running water .

Name:  RED PNG 5 star MSK.jpg
Views: 181
Size:  1.23 MB

Was not all work , plains were loaded with deer ,ducks & pigs

Name:  RED PNG Rusa SMl.jpg
Views: 175
Size:  82.6 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by bunji; 30-12-2021 at 11:13 PM.
    "Fair Winds and Following Seas" - Capt Ron You Glorious Bastard.

"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the Government, and I'm here to help. " President Ronald Reagan

Hey Bunji, Bensbach?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Dicko That is the Irian Jaya /PNG Border Crossing Sota ,back then it was one of the remotest border crossing & was only really there as far we could tell, as the the Indo's had a military out post there that the elite Kopassus Special Forces ran Death Squads out of, assassinating /snatching PNG activists/ leaders & being so remote they could do cross border operations with out our idiot politicians in the West ever knowing or caring.

That border marker was not far from the head waters of the Bensbach River ,probably under a 100 klm from memory but then we were based in the foot hills around 85 miles away from Sota & that would take 2 1/2 days to travel if you were lucky ,we would only go there as it was where we would pick up our monthly supplies.

As life pans out in later years l was partners in a guiding & dive/fishing boat operation in PNG travelling along the costal rivers & we spent a fair bit of time in & around the Bensbach river ,it really is a hunter/fisherman's paradise.

Here is us travelling by river in the head waters of the Bensbach , to meet with the local elders ,we had a group of 4 locals working for us, they were top blokes getting us out of hairy situations many times with War Parties etc who thought we were Indo/Western spies, they would physically put themselves between us until cooler heads would prevail.

It was genuinely sad to leave them & their families after 3 yrs ,we all gave part of our Bonus payments, making them local "millionaires" to enable them to move their families to a safer area like they all wanted ,l still often wonder how they got on.

Name:  RED Cruising SML.jpg
Views: 172
Size:  97.1 KB

Another day at the office & where my love of Tojo's began

Name:  RED Tojo Sub Sml.jpg
Views: 195
Size:  80.8 KB

These "barge" crossings were only built for people ,so we would have to pay locals to modify them for the Tojo's ,this brought us to the attention of the Kopassus scumbags & the local Indo soldiers at the border crossing would warn us that the Kopassus would show off photos they had taken of our camps & brag about slitting our throats & blaming the locals .After local rains it was bloody dangerous as huge logs etc would be washed down the rivers & if one hit us while we were on this top heavy pile of tied up sticks, we would have gone ass over .

Name:  RED Tojo Raft_MSK sml.jpg
Views: 217
Size:  96.3 KB

Here we are collecting supplies with the local Indo soldiers we got to be friends with as we would get cartons of Marlboro cigarettes' sent in for them with our monthly supply drops. They hated the Kopassus as much as the locals as they would be regularly beaten by them while drunk .These guys were high as a kite or drunk most times we made our monthly trek in to pick up supplies as they would only receive a part pay at the end of the month & blow it on drugs that other soldiers travelling between Garrisons would supply . They still used Bren Guns back then .

Name:  RED PNG Big Gun Little man MSK SML.jpg
Views: 171
Size:  88.8 KB
    300CALMAN likes this.

"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the Government, and I'm here to help. " President Ronald Reagan

She,s a real hotty.

Had a college mate manage a plantation up there. He used to have down time at Bensbach Lodge and send photos of his Barra and Rusa. Mid 80s.

Quote Originally Posted by bunji View Post
    @Dicko That is the Irian Jaya /PNG Border Crossing Sota ,back then it was one of the remotest border crossing & was only really there as far we could tell, as the the Indo's had a military out post there that the elite Kopassus Special Forces ran Death Squads out of, assassinating /snatching PNG activists/ leaders & being so remote they could do cross border operations with out our idiot politicians in the West ever knowing or caring.

That border marker was not far from the head waters of the Bensbach River ,probably under a 100 klm from memory but then we were based in the foot hills around 85 miles away from Sota & that would take 2 1/2 days to travel if you were lucky ,we would only go there as it was where we would pick up our monthly supplies.

As life pans out in later years l was partners in a guiding & dive/fishing boat operation in PNG travelling along the costal rivers & we spent a fair bit of time in & around the Bensbach river ,it really is a hunter/fisherman's paradise.

Here is us travelling by river in the head waters of the Bensbach , to meet with the local elders ,we had a group of 4 locals working for us, they were top blokes getting us out of hairy situations many times with War Parties etc who thought we were Indo/Western spies, they would physically put themselves between us until cooler heads would prevail.

It was genuinely sad to leave them & their families after 3 yrs ,we all gave part of our Bonus payments, making them local "millionaires" to enable them to move their families to a safer area like they all wanted ,l still often wonder how they got on.

Attachment 186967

Another day at the office & where my love of Tojo's began

Attachment 186969

These "barge" crossings were only built for people ,so we would have to pay locals to modify them for the Tojo's ,this brought us to the attention of the Kopassus scumbags & the local Indo soldiers at the border crossing would warn us that the Kopassus would show off photos they had taken of our camps & brag about slitting our throats & blaming the locals .After local rains it was bloody dangerous as huge logs etc would be washed down the rivers & if one hit us while we were on this top heavy pile of tied up sticks, we would have gone ass over .

Attachment 186968

Here we are collecting supplies with the local Indo soldiers we got to be friends with as we would get cartons of Marlboro cigarettes' sent in for them with our monthly supply drops. They hated the Kopassus as much as the locals as they would be regularly beaten by them while drunk .These guys were high as a kite or drunk most times we made our monthly trek in to pick up supplies as they would only receive a part pay at the end of the month & blow it on drugs that other soldiers travelling between Garrisons would supply . They still used Bren Guns back then .

Attachment 186970
    Thanks for sharing the story @bunji
    much appreciated, I really want to get up there one day.

Quote Originally Posted by Dicko View Post
    Had a college mate manage a plantation up there. He used to have down time at Bensbach Lodge and send photos of his Barra and Rusa. Mid 80s.

The Black Bass fishing is the best l have done anywhere in the world & l rate it over Marlin fishing etc & having lived in Barra fishing heaven of Arnhem Land & the remote Islands off the Top End of Oz.

Back then the Abu 7000 was king & for PNG Black Bass you had the reels drag system modified to use fifty pound line & they supplied a wrench ,when fishing for them in real snaggy territory where the big ones lurked ,you used the wrench to tighten the drag as much as you can. Otherwise the balls of muscles would just bury you all day .you had to literally lock drag ,burning a hole in your thumb still & gun the boat away from the snag to have any chance ,which in tight fast flowing creeks is no easy task & many a boat tipped over.

The plains & swamps were covered in Ducks & Geese ,that would black out the sky & it is where l found my love of eating Magpie Geese ,l still get cravings for it now & the pigs were every where .It was not unusual for boys to paddle us around a bend & be confronted with something that looked like a Disney movie with ducks Rusa ,Chital & fallow deer standing up to their bellies in the river to keep cool & the river flat covered with them bedded down in the shade so they can go for a quick dip to cool off.

A true outdoorsman paradise
    Micky Duck likes this.

@300CALMAN It is one of my favorite places in the world & a outdoorsman paradise ,we have been lucky enough to live & work in some of the worlds most remote places & faced/Hunted Dangerous Game ,but PNG has you waking up in the morning with your body tingling because you are literally in one of the great remote & dangerous experiences in the world.

If you ever do look like heading up let me know as we still have good contacts there ,my missus was a Critical Care Nurse for over a Decade & nurse for nearly 30 & when we were in Arnhem Land , PNG & Africa she would work with NGO's & Government clinics , training the local medical staff on the job ,it was our way of giving back to the locals .Through this we have many high ranked local officials & tribal elders as close friends & were invited to many beautiful Traditional Owner approved access only parts of the world, off limits to the average joe