Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Winter wonderland trip

That was great

Never been up there but will do one day. Trouble is the more i look around the more i realize there is to see.

No issue what so ever with those boys taking those stags. Lets face it if DOC has delayed their drop until next year then there is not much hope of them lasting another 5 !

Meat in the freezer = happy families. I am sure those who cook it and eat it will appreciate it, and i can see that those who harvested it did.

Just my views!!

Have to say my favourite shot was boyzie at the end with the deer and pig head strapped to his pack...classic......"don't worry bros Ive got it covered" LOL....mean load !

Cheers for posting

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    veitnamcam likes this.
    Its not what you get but what you give that makes a life !!

@ puddleduck, thats gotta be one hellaova shrewd stag to get right thru to 9years in the tooth with that well known Hanmer D model operator continuously working that country thoroughly aswell as the aerial drop dumped in there a couple of years ago.Either that or he spent 9 years in Ward's home paddock! Still looking forward to a happy snap of that head.....BTW you probably know Nimmo released a dozen Rakaia pures for Trophy improvement on the Muzzle a few years ago, but not 9 years back.A quick eye ball of the head would reveal local blood or Rakaia influence, so how bout that photo?

NRT
    Quote Originally Posted by Puddleduk View Post
    Nice block that one. Bet the nights were cold and long.
    One of those stags would have made a huge trophy if given 5 years to live. This is happening too often in there now and will be the downfall of the trophies in there. There is a lot of crap bloodlines in there but some very good ones as well. Have hunted it for 20 years and we left one stag for 4 years in a row and we shot him as a 9 year old that scored 367DS, well worth the wait.
    No photo didn't happen ds 367 your dreaming

Sent from my TA-1025 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NRT View Post
    No photo didn't happen ds 367 your dreaming

Sent from my TA-1025 using Tapatalk
    Owner of the head does not want it on here, shot in 2016 before the poison and the heli from Hanmer didn’t seem to get in there much from what I saw. The head does seem to have outside influence most likely from the Muller escape like all the big heads in there. They are pretty easy to tell apart from the local genes in that country.